Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Removing swap and other filesystems Post 302998593 by achenle on Sunday 4th of June 2017 02:53:39 PM
Old 06-04-2017
Quote:
How do I remove the swap files, and also /lib/libc.so.1?
If you do manage to sucessfully unmount /lib/libc.so.1, you'll likely have to pull the plug to reboot - and hope /lib/libc.so.1 comes back.

See Whats this lofs mount onto /lib/libc.so.1 in Solaris 10 ? | Oracle darren_moffat@blog$ cat /dev/mem | grep /dev/urandom Blog

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Adding and removing ZFS filesystems in Zones

I have a Solaris 10 container that is running on ZFS filesystems being presented from the Global Zone. I have a filesystem presented to the Local zone and my user wants me to remove it. It there any way I can remove this while the zone is running? I tried unmounting it from the local zone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

swap not defined as swap

free -m : 1023 total swap space created default partition /dev/sdb1 50M using fdisk. i did write the changes. #mkswap /dev/sdb1 #swapon /dev/sdb1 free -m : 1078 total swap space this shows that the swap is on Question : i did not change the type LINUX SWAP (82) in fdisk. so why is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies
libintl(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						     libintl(3LIB)

NAME
libintl - internationalization library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lintl [ library... ] #include <libintl.h> #include <locale.h> /* needed for dcgettext() only */ DESCRIPTION
Historically, functions in this library provided wide character translations. This functionality now resides in libc(3LIB). This library is maintained to provide backward compatibility for both runtime and compilation environments. The shared object is imple- mented as a filter on libc.so.1. New application development need not specify -lintl. INTERFACES
The shared object libintl.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. bindtextdomain dcgettext dgettext gettext textdomain FILES
/lib/libintl.so.1 a filter on /lib/libc.so.1 /lib/64/libintl.so.1 a filter on /lib/64/libc.so.1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), intro(3), gettext(3C), libc(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Mar 2004 libintl(3LIB)