Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Network Manager not setting correct DNS servers Post 302998534 by Peasant on Saturday 3rd of June 2017 12:47:34 AM
Old 06-03-2017
Is this bug related to your issues (looks similar):
Bug #1671606 “DNS server from vpn connection is not being used a...” : Bugs : network-manager package : Ubuntu

This is VPN in question, but symptoms seem to be alike.

If you can, try downgrading packages mentioned in the bug and retest.

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS servers

I am supposed to setup a Domain Name Server, and I don't really know how to do this, can someone either help me, or point me in the direction of a site that has a good explination of how to do this. Thanks, Ronnie (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignus7
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

My dns entries - are they correct ?

$ttl 38400 thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN SOA digiserv. admin.thedigitaldream.co.uk. ( 1033481631 10800 3600 604800 38400 ) thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN NS digiserv. thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN A 81.97.225.82 www.thedigitaldream.co.uk. IN A 81.97.225.82... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
1 Replies

3. Linux

setting primary dns

Hi, I am running Fedora 7. I seem to remember there being a command to determine the primary dns. Can anyone help me find out what it is? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
2 Replies

4. AIX

Dns Servers

My only question is Can we have two auteritative Name servers for a single domain? Just a question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

5. AIX

Servers still querying old DNS server?

Hello, I've created new DNS servers and changed all of the clients /etc/resolv.conf to point to them, but when I check the old DNS logs, I see that the clients are still querying it. Does anybody know why? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting the correct parameter

Hi Gurus, Here is the issue that I've encountered. VAR1=`hostname | tr '' ''` -> convert hostname to uppercase VAR2=`grep $VAR1 /etc/hosts | awk '{ print $1 }'` -> Since hostname is already in uppercase, grep is unable to find it in /etc/hosts. How to handle VAR2? Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
5 Replies

7. Linux

Setting up slave DNS?

can someone point me in the right direction im trying to setup a Slave dns server this is my named.conf file zone "website1.org" { type slave; file"mydb-for-website1-org"; notify NO; };and this is my var/named/mydb-for-website1-org $TTL 3D @ IN SOA ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gangsta
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS and Authoritative Servers

Hey everyone, I've noticed that when I do a dig command, I don't get any authoritative records back. For example a dig to cnn.com just yields: ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;cnn.com. IN A ;; ANSWER SECTION: cnn.com. 300 IN A 157.166.226.25 cnn.com. 300 IN ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me setting up dns and understanding it.

Hi I need to set up a dns server for Oracle 11g rac setup. I got some files (copied from friend) named.conf and related files in /var/named , i was told that this would work fine. But i am getting some issues. I am attaching the files here. The problem is dig... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies
seeded-in-ubuntu(1)					      General Commands Manual					       seeded-in-ubuntu(1)

NAME
seeded-in-ubuntu - Determine whether a package is safe to upload during a freeze SYNOPSIS
seeded-in-ubuntu [options] package... DESCRIPTION
Lists all the current daily images containing the specified packages. Or whether the package is part of the supported seed. If it isn't on an image, it should be safe to upload. During the final freeze, one should avoid packages in the supported seed too. An index of the current manifests is downloaded from UbuntuWire. OPTIONS
-b, --binary The packages specified are binary packages. This is faster than source packages, as otherwise we must query LP to determine the binary packages that every specified source package builds. -u URL, --data-url=URL URL for index of seeded packages. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ubuntu-seeded-packages/seeded.json.gz. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All the images that contain unity: seeded-in-ubuntu -b unity AUTHORS
seeded-in-ubuntu and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2011 seeded-in-ubuntu(1)