Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to remove mutiple values from specific pattern, leaving a single value Post 302998525 by wcastibl on Friday 2nd of June 2017 05:28:42 PM
Old 06-02-2017
Hi Gurus... good day;

currently I trying to run the df -g command with awk to get to convert in SQL statement, but I have some errors;

df -g | awk '{print "This is the FileSystem: " $NF, " This is LV: "$1, "This is SIZE: "$2, "This is FREE: " $3, "This is the USED% "$4}'

This on AIX operative system;

But I need replace the words "This is the...", but I dont know how to...กก

Some can help me..

best regards;

Wilmer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing

Input file: >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 1 Pos: SVAVPQRHHPGGTVFREPIIIPAIPRLVPGWNKPIIIGRHAFGDQYRATDRVIPGPGKLE LVYTPVNGEPETVKVYDFQGGGIAQTQYNTDESIRGFAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMSTKNTI LKRYDGRFKDIFQEIYESTYQKDFEAKNLWYEHRLIDDMVAQMIKSEGGFVMALKNYDGD >TRACK: Position: 1 TYPE: 2 Pos: FAHASFQMALLKGLPLYMS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove content present in between specific pattern ?

Hi, I have a file with following pattern. We are looking to filter out only specific content from this file. sample BLAdmins Server.* LinuxAdmins Server.* Policy Name: Recommended Default ACL Policy Everyone ACLPushJob.Read Everyone ACLTemplate.Read Everyone ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the values based on a Key using awk from single file

Hi, Please help to fetch the values for a key from below data format in linux. Sample Input Data Format 11055005|PurchaseCondition|GiftQuantity|1 11055005|PurchaseCondition|MinimumPurchase|400 11055005|GiftCatalogEntryIdentifier|Id|207328014 11429510|PurchaseCondition|GiftQuantity|1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert mutiple spaces file to single tab

I have the following file I wanted to convert mutiple spaces to tab: I tried cat filename | tr ' ' '\t' or sed 's/ */ /' FILE but it looses the format 5557263102 5557263102 5552074858 5726310211 5557263102 5557263102 5557263103 5557263103 2142406768 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific pattern and change some of block values using awk

Hi, Could you please help me finding a way to replace a specific value in a text block when matching a key pattern ? I got the keys and the values from a command similar to: echo -e "key01 Nvalue01-1 Nvalue01-2 Nvalue01-3\nkey02 Nvalue02-1 Nvalue02-2 Nvalue02-3 \nkey03 Nvalue03-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing single script with mutiple sbatch parts

Hello, I wrote several scripts that work with job arrays (sbatch) that look like this: #!/bin/bash #SBATCH --partition=carl.p #SBATCH --ntasks=4 #SBATCH --time=0-10:00 #SBATCH --mem-per-cpu=48G #SBATCH --job-name=basic_test #SBATCH --mail-type=END,FAIL #SBATCH --mail-user= #SBATCH... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: idbemad
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to remove pattern and lines above pattern

In the awk below I am trying to remove all lines above and including the pattern Test or Test2. Each block is seperated by a newline and Test2 also appears in the lines to keep but it will always have additional text after it. The Test to remove will not. The awk executed until the || was added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)