Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line? Post 302998397 by alex_5161 on Wednesday 31st of May 2017 12:34:14 PM
Old 05-31-2017
Thank you, Aia!

So, the '<>' getting files in 'shift' from @ARGV

Only one think I didn't get (acctualy unrelated to question, but) : what is the fl[0-9]?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aia
Code:
perl -ne '$.=1 if $ARGV ne $previous; print "$. in $ARGV: $_" if /\d\d/; $previous=$ARGV' fl[0-9] fl1{0..9}

Whas it assumed the same as next: fl{0..9} ?
So, it would generate list of files: fl1 fl2 .. fl19

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Command line tool to join multiple .wmv files?

I need a simple command line executable that allows me to join many wmv files into one output wmv file, preferrably in a simple way like this: wmvjoin file1.wmv file2.wmv .... > outputfile.wmv So what I want is the wmv-equivalent of mpgtx I cannot find it on internet. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the line to be printed in single line

Hi, I have my code like this v_site_eli=`sqlplus -s<<-EOsqlplus $SQL_USERNAME/$SQL_PASSWD WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE SET TERM OFF SET HEAD OFF SET VERIFY OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF declare VARIABLE vn_return_sts varchaR2(6); begin SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjkreddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, searching multiple files and printing returned line to new file

I am trying to find a way to utilise the full potential of my cpu cores and memory on my windows machine. Now, I am quite familiar with grep, however, running a Unix based OS is not an option right now. Unfortunately, the 32 bit grep for windows that I am running, I cannot run multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moloch
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script command line option driven script

could someone show me a sample command line option driven script? i want to see an easy way to write one and how i can execute it using command line options such as typing in read.pl -i <id> -c <cmds> -s <start> -e <end> would read out all the commands run by ID . from start time to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
7 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble understanding file option and command line arguments

Hi, I am creating a program with the C language that simulates the WC command in Unix. My program needs to count lines, bytes and words. I have not added the code to count bytes and words yet. I am having trouble understanding what the file option/flag '-' does. I can not visualize how it moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FAQ how to download multiple specific files via command line

Hi, This evening i would like to download multiple pcap captures files in the wireshark wiki sites. My aim is to download the capture files .pcap .cap and etc on the wireshark site SampleCaptures - The Wireshark Wiki. i already used wget, lynx, htget but still their problem downloading..it seems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl how to compare two pdf files line by line

Hi Experts, Would really appreciate if anyone can guide me how to compare two pdf files line by line and report the difference to another file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : accept multiple user entered command line arguemnts

I am trying to create a script that will accept multi input from the user (really just me), then execute those command on a remote device. My question is if the I enter "No" at the confirmation point "Are these statements correct y or n ?", what is the best way to go back and start over ? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get " printed on command line?

Hey, Is there a way I can print " in a command line? When I type "echo "set variable = disco"".... This actually prints echo set variable = disco but I would like to print it out as --- echo "set variable = disco" Thanks, Satya (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::ProhibitExplicitStdinUser)Contributed Perl DocumenPerl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::ProhibitExplicitStdin(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::ProhibitExplicitStdin - Use "<>" or "<ARGV>" or a prompting module instead of "<STDIN>". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Perl has a useful magic filehandle called *ARGV that checks the command line and if there are any arguments, opens and reads those as files. If there are no arguments, *ARGV behaves like *STDIN instead. This behavior is almost always what you want if you want to create a program that reads from "STDIN". This is often written in one of the following two equivalent forms: while (<ARGV>) { # ... do something with each input line ... } # or, equivalently: while (<>) { # ... do something with each input line ... } If you want to prompt for user input, try special purpose modules like IO::Prompt. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. CAVEATS
Due to a bug in the current version of PPI (v1.119_03) and earlier, the readline operator is often misinterpreted as less-than and greater- than operators after a comma. Therefore, this policy misses important cases like my $content = join '', <STDIN>; because it interprets that line as the nonsensical statement: my $content = join '', < STDIN >; When that PPI bug is fixed, this policy should start catching those violations automatically. CREDITS
Initial development of this policy was supported by a grant from the Perl Foundation. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Chris Dolan. Many rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::ProhibitExplicitStdin(3pm)