Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Gkrellm Linux HD Monitor needs a hddtemp deamon ? Post 302998302 by Corona688 on Monday 29th of May 2017 06:58:06 PM
Old 05-29-2017
Plugging 7364 and hddtemp into google finds man hddtemp.

hddtemp --daemon

I suspect it needs the daemon because hddtemp would require root to access the hard drive directly, and you shouldn't be running gkrellm as root.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux: monitor memory used for network buffers

/proc/net/sockstat has mem value, Is it memory used for network buffers? Is it KB or MB? $ cat /proc/net/sockstat sockets: used 8278 TCP: inuse 1090 orphan 2 tw 18 alloc 1380 mem 851 UDP: inuse 6574 RAW: inuse 1 FRAG: inuse 0 memory 0 or any other command to montior network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

2. Linux

Internet Usage Monitor for Linux

I have installed Ubuntu and i want to monitor the internet usage. Is there any software for linux for monitoring the internet usage? (preferabaly opensource) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Linux script to monitor hard drive space

I'm new to Linux and have very limited experience with shell scripts in general. I am taking a class and I have to research online and come up with a shell script that monitors disk space. I also have to be able to explain it line by line. I've researched various sites and came across this shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgreg23
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

RHEL/Linux Small Monitor

Hi, I'm using RHEL 4.5, and currently due to some special circumstances that required me to use this small monitor about 7" The problem is while using this monitor with windows, the monitor able to show the graphic/view.. but while using redhat it unable to detect. This monitor has no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
7 Replies

5. AIX

how to monitor deamon processes

we have several deamon processes which were killed for some unknown reasons. we have to bring the deamon back manually everytime. Deamons running on 2 identical instances. It is ok on one instance but be killed 3 or 4 times a day on another. Any idea how to monitor it? like who/how the processes be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamiltonhall
3 Replies

6. Programming

Tools to monitor system performance in Android or linux

Hi, May i know the tools which will give the below details in a consolidated fashion for some 'X' duration in single and multicore processors, 1) How many times and how long scheduler code and kernel threads are executing ? 2) Details about each process, time spent in each state (run, wait... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkarthi85
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat Linux .

Hi , Please some one help me How to write a shell script to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat linux . Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saanvi
4 Replies

8. Linux

Linux Total Processes - Why monitor it?

Hi Guys, Monitoring 'Total Processes' on Linux servers has been always something you 'should' do. My question is - why? Is it relevant anymore? If you monitor memory and cpu params, you have a pretty good idea about what's going on. Is the number of processes really matter? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DjDeaf
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Need script to monitor open file in Linux

Kindly advice with shell script to monitor open file in linux, if the open file count is greater then 5000 then send me an email.. command : lsof | wc -l (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adminhelp
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out and monitor IO spikes history in Linux?

hello all i have application which according to AWS monitoring is reaching to high spikes of IO at random time . and causing the server to crash and restart . my question is how can i find out what cause the spike and if i can't with the native linux tools what free open source minimon... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies
PSENSOR-SERVER(1)						   User Commands						 PSENSOR-SERVER(1)

NAME
psensor-server - Temperature and system monitoring Web server SYNOPSIS
psensor-server [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
psensor-server is an HTTP server for monitoring hardware sensors remotely. It provides a JSON Web service which can be used by psensor(1) to monitor remotely the hardware sensors of a computer. It can provide information about: * the temperature of the motherboard and CPU sensors (using lm-sensors). * the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives (using hddtemp). * the rotation speed of the fans (using lm-sensors). It is also possible to connect to the psensor-server with a browser, a simple Web page is displaying the sensors information and the CPU usage. The URL http://hostname:3131/api/1.0/sensors/[id] returns a JSON object containing all information about a sensor. [id] is the uniq identi- fier of the sensor. Here is an example of the JSON object of type 'sensor': { "id": "lmsensor acpitz-virtual-0 temp1", "name": "temp1", "type": 257, "min": 47.800000, "max": 60.800000, "measures": [ { "value": 47.800000, "time": 1311374873 }, { "value": 49.800000, "time": 1311374878 }, { "value": 49.800000, "time": 1311374883 } ], "last_measure": { "value": 49.800000, "time": 1311374883 } } Fields of the type 'sensor': * id: the uniq identifier of the sensor. * name: a humean readable name of the sensor (might not be uniq). * type: the type of sensor. Look at src/lib/psensor.h for the different types. * min: the minimal value of the sensor. * max: the maximal value of the sensor. * measures: all measures of the sensor. * last_measure: the last value of the sensor. * time: the time of a measure as the number of seconds since 1970/01/01. The URL http://hostname:3131/api/1.0/sensors returns a JSON array containing all JSON objects of type 'sensor'. If run in debug mode, psensor-server can be stopped by sending an HTTP request with the URL 'http://hostname:port/api/1.0/server/stop'. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -d,--debug run in debug mode -p,--port=PORT webserver port -w,--wdir=DIR directory containing webserver pages WARNING
psensor-server does not provide any way to restrict the connection to the HTTP server, worst, no effort has been made against malicious HTTP attacks. You should make the psensor-server port available only to a network or computer you trust by using the usual network secu- rity tools of the system (for example, iptables(8) ). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: jeanfi@gmail.com psensor home page: <http://wpitchoune.net/psensor> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2012 jeanfi@gmail.com License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
psensor(1), sensors(1), sensors-detect(8) psensor-server 0.6.2.17 March 2012 PSENSOR-SERVER(1)