Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curl parallel download file list Post 302998131 by tonispa on Thursday 25th of May 2017 07:13:47 PM
Old 05-25-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
How about something like this:
Code:
fetch_url () {
   URL=$@
   filename=${URL##*=}
   curl -r 0-50000 -L "$URL" -o ${filename}.html -a ${filename}.log
}
export -f fetch_url
xargs -n 1 -P 10 fetch_url < url.list

Thank you for your reply! I did not make this work. I tried to write a script only for this function and call it, tried put "inline" command inside a screen, and always is the same error:

xargs: fetch_urlxargs: fetch_urlxargs: fetch_url: No such file or directory: No such file or directory

Do you know how to solve this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cURL Active FTP Download

Hello, I know this is probably a very silly question for most but how to do I force curl to do active FTP downloads? Thank you Dallas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download using curl and redirect question_please help

Basically I am needing to Download (using curl) in the background some data from(link here), with stderr redirected to /dev/null, to a file named taxcode I was doing this, curl & http:// name here/download/pls/Title_26.txt 2> /dev/null > taxcode but the results were not what I was after. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santod
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with using curl to download files from https

Hi I'm trying to download an xml file from a https server using curl on a Linux machine with Ubuntu 10.4.2 I am able to connect to the remote server with my username and password but the output is only "Virtual user <username> logged in". I am expecting to download the xml file. My output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryN
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl download zip extract large xml file

Hi i have a php script that works 100% however i don't want this to run on php because of server limits etc. Ideally if i could convert this simple php script to a shell script i can set it up to run on a cron. My mac server has curl on it. So i am assuming i should be using this to download the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp ssl download files

Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue on and off for a couple of weeks now and I just got it all working, so I wanted to share my findings in case some other poor soul needs to know how. First some background on what I'm doing. I am uploading files to different directories based on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjkadams
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl command to download multiple files with a file prefix

I am using the below curl command to download a single file from client server and it is working as expected curl --ftp-ssl -k -u ${USER}:${PASSWD} ftp://${HOST}:${PORT}/path/to/${FILE} --output ${DEST}/${FILE} let say the client has 3 files hellofile.101, hellofile.102, hellofile.103 and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r@v!7*7@
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Curl to download using Linux not working

Good Morning. I'm trying to download a file from a server. I was able to upload to the server successfully but when i download, i see the file name in my server but with some unknow data. The file name i'm trying to download is abcd.zip in binary mode. curl -1 -v --ftp-pasv -o abcd.zip -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar19
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to download file from subdivx.com after following location without knowing the file name/extens

This question could be specific to the site subdivx.com In the past, I've been able to download a file following location using cURL but there is something about subdivx.com that's different and can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried the following directly in the terminal with no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoonD
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl , download file with user:pass in bash script

Hello, My question is about curl command. (ubuntu14.04) In terminal, I am able to download my mainfile with: curl -u user1:pass1 http://11.22.33.44/******* When I convert it into bash script like this: #!/bin/bash cd /root/scripts computer_ip=11.22.33.44 curl -u $1:$2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)