Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snake game challenge in UNIX
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Snake game challenge in UNIX Post 302998071 by cb88 on Wednesday 24th of May 2017 09:18:57 PM
Old 05-24-2017
Heh, I wrote an incomplete snake clone a few years ago on my SparcStation LX running Gentoo. I'll post a link to a video of it once I get a chance who knows I might even dig up the source and see about finishing it. It's just plain ncurses... and uses a pretty inefficient implementation so the longer your "Wooly Bear" as I called it gets the slower it runs! Here is a link to a video of my LX running and me dorking around with it SparcStation LX booting Gentoo Linux - YouTube

Last edited by cb88; 05-24-2017 at 11:35 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loaded question - anyone up to the challenge?

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and also new to Unix. And by saying "new to Unix" I mean I have never used it and 10 minutes ago was asked to start learning. So here I am. I was wondering if anyone could help me find out how long it would take to write code in Unix that will do the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: idesaj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX 'adventure'/game.

Hi there.. I know this is a kind low question, but do anyone know where I can find some hints and or clues for the "adventure" game on UNIX ? ( /usr/games/adventure ). I already searched on this forum but didnt find the answer to my question. Thanks a lot.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TARFU
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

safeword challenge

Hi, there are some servers here at work which issue a Safeword challenge after I login. Can anyone tell me exactly how the challenge/response system works? In particular, how are the valid keys decided? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Challenge

I have the following text Microsoft iSCSI Initiator version 2.0 Build 3497 Targets List: iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-daef43402-138000002a4477ba-grsrv12-extra iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-986f43402-520000002b447951-exchange ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: netmedic
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex challenge

Here's a regex substitution operation that has stumped me with sed: How do you convert lines like this: first.key ?{x.y.z} second.key ?{xa.ys.zz.s} third.key ?{xa.k} to: first.key ?{x_y_z} second.key ?{xa_ys_zz_s} third.key ?{xa_k} So i'm basically converting all the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS1 challenge

Ok then i Have a challenge for you : Give me PS1 so that it always display the least 2 levels of directory (except if i am above of course) I want it this way : so if i go to / /home/ /home/user /home/user/whatever /home/user/whatever1/whatever2 my PS1 should respectively... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch Challenge

I've been given a directory full of subdirectories full of logfiles of the same name: /logfiles/day1/file1/blockednodes.csv day1-14 file1-48 The above is the actual directory structure for 14 days worth of a logfile that is generated every 30 minutes. It's been done this way to preserve the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snake and ladder game

Hi, I am designing snake and ladder game in unix. I am writing my script in bash shell in Solaris version. This game is designed by me for which I would like to give access to two players. When these players execute the game, there should be communication between the three participants(game... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayarlaga
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone like a challenge?

I have searched through google, and this forum to try and find the answer, but alas, nothing quite hits the whole answer. I am trying to read the last line (or lines) of some log files. I do this often. The files are named sequentially, using the date as part of the file name, and appending... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatterBits
18 Replies
WebService::YouTube::User(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    WebService::YouTube::User(3pm)

NAME
WebService::YouTube::User - User class for YouTube. VERSION
This document describes WebService::YouTube::User version 1.0.3 SYNOPSIS
use WebService::YouTube::User; my $user = WebService::YouTube::User->new( { ... } ); DESCRIPTION
This is a user class for YouTube. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS new(\%fields) Creates and returns a new WebService::YouTube::User object. %fields can contain parameters enumerated in "ACCESSORS" section. ACCESSORS about_me age books city companies country currently_on favorite_count favorite_video_count first_name friend_count friend_count gender hobbies homepage hometown last_name movies occupations relationship user video_upload_count video_upload_count video_watch_count DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WebService::YouTube::User requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
WebService::YouTube, Class::Accessor::Fast INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-webservice-youtube@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=WebService-YouTube>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
Hironori Yoshida <yoshida@cpan.org> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.10.1 2009-01-20 WebService::YouTube::User(3pm)