Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to goto specific line/function and start processing if user response is yes Post 302998056 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of May 2017 01:57:56 PM
Old 05-24-2017
You cannot nest function declarations, the contents of run() belong outside the contents of execute().
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the value from a specific line and column BASH

Hi All, I have the same problem as the one posted in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/96097-how-read-value-specific-line-column-csh-variable.html but I'm using bash. Can anyone tell me how I have to modify the code to make it bash compatible? eval `awk 'NR==3{print "set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - set specific user variable via string operators

Apologies for the utter triviality of this question, but we all have to start somewhere! I've also tried searching but this question is pretty vague so I didn't (a) really know what to search for or (b) get many relevant hits to what I did search for. Anyway, I'm in the process of self-teaching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u5j84
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Appending # to the start of specific line in a properties file

Hi, I have the following file, ABC.txt: ABC=123 DEF=234 FGH=345 Based on my validation and conditional processing it is observed that i need to comment or append # before DEF=234 so the same file ABC.txt should look as follows ABC=123 #DEF=234 FGH=345 Sorry if its a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put a # in start of a specific line of a file

Hello Guys Please let me know how to solve the below issue I have a file like below drop table R1416.ABC1 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC2 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC3 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC4 cascade constraints; drop table R1416.ABC5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

User (Profile) Specific Start Menu for RHEL 6.1 using KDE 4.3.4

I installed RHEL 6.1 with KDE 4.3.4 using LDAP on a PC and have now the problem to specifiy a user/Profile specific start menu. I have used already the kmenuedit tool and tailored for one user a specific menu, successfully. I changed as an example the konsole submenu. The kmenuedit was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gromit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Appending to specific line in file

I'm working on a personal project, a multiplication quiz script for my kids. In it, the user's performance will be recorded and written to a file. After they've played it a little while, it will start to focus more on the ones that give them the most trouble-- that take a long time to answer or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping structure to make up for lack of bash GOTO

Hello, I am re-processing some files when a specific condition is met. The condition is read from the filename. Since files may need to be re-processed a number of times before they no longer meet the condition, I need to know when to stop re-processing. I am having trouble visualizing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function to suppress warning message for specific text and display prompt

In the below bash function multiple variants are input and stored in a variable $variant, and each is written to an out file at c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out.txt stored on a separate line. # enter variant phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)