Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming MOTIF programming and X11 client ! Post 302997995 by Zabo on Wednesday 24th of May 2017 03:48:40 AM
Old 05-24-2017
Hi and thanks.

Does that mean that i can program a application in MOTIF under Linux and the application can send data to the same
application over the internet on a different computer ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

socket programming : client server IPC

I'm new to socket programming. Have a basic doubt. I have a structure(global) at the server side. I have two different client connecting to the server. Will the changes made by one client on the structure be visible to the other client when it accesses the same client? I'm creating a STREAM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abc.working
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server Programming to keep on looking for client connection

Hi I wrote a server Program in C, Here it is, this is a just socket creation alone, bool myclass::CreateSocket() { struct sockaddr_in sockaddr_in; sockaddr_in.sin_family = AF_INET; sockaddr_in.sin_port = 1100; sockaddr_in.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie needs help with Xlib / X11 programming,dunno who to ask,but you :(

Hi,I'm new here and to Unix also. I'm totall newbie. Here is what I have to do: -Basics of programming user interface with Xlib library -Xlib -Client/Server model of X-Windows system -Example of "Hello world" with button which changes text ,so that when u click displays another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Motif 2.1 migration from Motif 1.2

An application was getting built using Motif 1.2 that used come along Solaris 6 OS for compiling and linking. Application is run using Motif 2.1 on Solaris 10 and it is working fine. Application compilation and linking is working fine on Solaris 10 with Motif 2.1.0 but running the application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

7. Programming

Client Server programming

Hi Could someone give me some advise, basically i am learning UDP client server programming. I understand how to do send and receive between client server ( learn from this site Sending and Receiving Packets) but things such as MSN can actually send and receive at the same time! I believe it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GQiang
1 Replies

8. Programming

Low level X11 programming

How to use X11 without Xlib not XCB? How draw window directly on low level? I must use anyway window manager like Motif? I have ridden that X11 has server-client architecture, client send via TCP/IP to port 6000 request for primitives and get replies. Where is detailed description of it? In X11... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrzejB
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Motif gui programming !

MOTIF GUI PROGRAMMING ! Hi there. I am a MOTIF GUI Programmer in C language. After a longer break i have problems with the GCC compiling. my MOTIF file is named winstack.c I have the follow code gcc -o newprogram winstack.c -lXm -lXt -lX11 The compilation runs good. But no executable LINUX... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
10 Replies
libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)					 Introduction to Library Functions				       libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libgdk-x11-2.0 - GTK+ Drawing Kit API DESCRIPTION
The libgdk-x11-2.0 library is an implementation of the GTK+ drawing kit for the X11 windowing system. It is used by GTK+ for low-level drawing operations. Most applications will not use GDK directly, but will use GTK+ components (see libgtk-x11-2.0(3)). To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.GTK+ Drawing Kit API shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0(3), gdk-pixbuf-csource(3), libglib-2.0(3), libgobject-2.0(3), libgtk-x11-2.0(3), X11(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libgdk-x11-2.0.3(3)