Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How recover the root password - Solaris 11? Post 302997981 by Marcela Bueno on Tuesday 23rd of May 2017 04:37:33 PM
Old 05-23-2017
Sun How recover the root password - Solaris 11?

Hello forum members,

Please help me to recover the root password. I have had difficulties working with Solaris 11.

The run-level equivalents single-user in Solaris 10, I can mount disk in one partition and edit files shadow/passwd.

For example:
Code:
{0} ok boot cdrom -s 
# mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a 
# cd /a/etc/ 
# vi /etc/shadow 
root ::0::::::

Single-user in Solaris 11, I can not mount disk. Can you help me?

Code:
{0} ok boot cdrom -s 

# mount /dev/dsk/c4t1d0s0 /a 
NOTICE: mount: not a UFS magic number (0x0) 
mount: /dev/dsk/c4t1d0s0 is not this fstype 

# mount -F zfs /dev/dsk/c4t1d0s0 /a 
cannot open '/dev/dsk/c4t1d0s0': invalid dataset name

Thank you.
Marcela

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Recover root password

I need to recover root password on a test server (E 10k) running solaris 9. Can someone please tell me how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to recover root password

How to recover root password in solaris, I forgot root password. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to recover 'root' password

Dear All, I have lost my data backup server's root password, just have a normal login username and password ..but i need to get back my root passwd....any1 can help me out plz :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root password on aix lost, how to recover

Hi guys, we have "forget" the root password for 1 of our AIX machines, how can we reset it? or recover it?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to recover root password in AIX ?

Dears, We have Oracle Database installed on AIX Version 5.3 and we have to take action urgently but must by root user but unfortunately we lost password. How to recover root password? Please, be noted that I am Oracle DBA and do not have experience in dealing with AIX Systems. Please, advise... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedmostafa
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Failed to recover root password in Solaris 10 on Sparc CPU Sun Ultra10

Failed to recover lost root password for Solaris SunSparc (On Sun Ultra10 - SPARC CPU Hardware, not x86 Intel CPU nor x64 AMD CPU) This Sun Ultra10 workstation comes with an old 6-in wafer probing station purchased from a Surplus equipment vendor. Computer: Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: fromtexas0
21 Replies

7. Solaris

Recover root password

How can I recover root password :wall: 1) I am running Solaris 10 (X86) through VMware for practicing. 2) I was practicing root password recovery and deleted the password in /etc/shadow file. 3) Neither cant login the to the CLI nor Console 4) Selected the Soalris X86 failsafe in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to recover the root password?

Hello forum members, Please help me to recover the root password. i can login with the user in redhat linux but i forget root password. so pleas help me to recover. advance thanks siva. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover root password on SuSE?

Hi, We forgot the root password on SuSE version 10 server. Since I didn't have SuSE DVD, I started the server using Redhat. I updated /etc/shadow and removed the root password. I then started the server and I still can't login using root. Any idea? One more question, on Novell web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
6 Replies
mount_pcfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_pcfs(1M)

NAME
mount_pcfs - mount pcfs file systems SYNOPSIS
mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special | mount_point mount -F pcfs [generic_options] [-o FSType-specific_options] special mount_point DESCRIPTION
mount attaches an MS-DOS file system (pcfs) to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount will search /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the FSType-specific_options; see mount(1M) for more details. The special argument can be one of two special device file types: o A floppy disk, such as /dev/diskette0 or /dev/diskette1. o A DOS logical drive on a hard disk expressed as device-name:logical-drive , where device-name specifies the special block device-file for the whole disk and logical-drive is either a drive letter (c through z) or a drive number (1 through 24). Examples are /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:c and /dev/dsk/c0t0d0p0:1. The special device file type must have a formatted MS-DOS file system with either a 12-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit File Allocation Table. OPTIONS
generic_options See mount(1M) for the list of supported options. -o Specify pcfs file system specific options. The following options are supported: foldcase|nofoldcase Force uppercase characters in filenames to lowercase when reading them from the filesystem. This is for compatibility with the pre- vious behavior of pcfs. The default is nofoldcase. FILES
/etc/mnttab table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), pcfs(7FS) NOTES
If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_pcfs(1M)