Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers While do statement with replacement Post 302997865 by SIMMS7400 on Sunday 21st of May 2017 10:22:49 AM
Old 05-21-2017
While do statement with replacement

Hi Folks -

I have a process where I need to check if cold2 from my while do command contains either a / or ".

If / is found, replace with //
If " is found, replace with ""

I have this so far and I've been unable to get sed to work:

Code:
while IFS=, read col1 col2
do
    if [ "$col2" == *\/* ]
    then
    echo "$col2" | sed "s/\//\/\//g"
    echo . ${_STARTMAXLPATH} ${_MAXLSCRIPTPATH}Update_Subvars.mxl ${_ESSB_USER} ${_ESSB_PSWD} ${_ESSB_SRVR} $col1 $col2 ${_MAXLLOGFILE}
    elif [ "$col2" == *\"* ]
    echo "$col2" | sed "s/\"/\"\"/g"
    echo . ${_STARTMAXLPATH} ${_MAXLSCRIPTPATH}Update_Subvars.mxl ${_ESSB_USER} ${_ESSB_PSWD} ${_ESSB_SRVR} $col1 $col2 ${_MAXLLOGFILE}
    fi

done <${_SUBVARPATH}${_YEAR}_${_MONTH}${_DAY}/Subvar_List.txt

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Replacement

I have two files: file1: somedata <html> <head> This is sample statement ...... ...... </head> </html> somedata file2: olga 81 91 B A rene 82 92 B A zack 83 93 Expextd Result: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajx
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sysinfo replacement?

What is everyone using as a multi-platform replacement for "sysinfo" (licensing required nowadays)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickslop
3 Replies

5. Solaris

LTO replacement

Hi guys, I've changed the LTO3 device, but the OS (Solaris10) doesn't feel it. From the ok> prompt i've launched the probe-scsi-all command and it worked fine because i could see the new device; the from the ok> i booted the system (normal boot, probably a boot -r could be better..) and from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me :replacement

Hi pls help me for below; i have a file .content is : =================== uid,pcsPricingPlan,refPcsQosProfName 821910002022,smartlimit,SGSNQOS1 i have to replace the value of uid and pricingplan by a unix script. may be the value would be next line or any where in the file. pls... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacement

my filename.txt looks like this: 2079951061790 SCK0000891539000000000000021600R 2079951061790 SCK0000901487000000000000028900R 2079951061790 SCK0000903092000000000000021300R 2079951074758 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple replacement

Hi friends Hope, you all are doing well I need your help for doing multiple strings replacement. I have a file with more than 1000 lines and I want to replace several elements in the same run. I have the equivalences written in another file. Example: target file Start (bp) End (bp) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantome
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Is this MB, which needs replacement ?

Hello, I am getting below error in fmadm output. This server is not in support, so can't reach them. Is it showing that motherboard is faulty and should be replaced ? It was rebooted a week back and then, there were no errors # fmadm faulty --------------- ------------------------------------ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in .git/refs/replace/ The name of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist in .git/refs/replace/ directory. Replacement references will be used by default by all git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: .ft C $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo .ft shows information about commit foo, while: .ft C $ git cat-file commit foo .ft shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) AUTHOR
Written by Christian Couder <chriscool@tuxfamily.org[1]> and Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[2]>, based on git tag by Kristian Hogsberg <krh@redhat.com[3]> and Carlos Rica <jasampler@gmail.com[4]>. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Christian Couder <chriscool@tuxfamily.org[1]> and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[5]>, based on git tag documentation. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. chriscool@tuxfamily.org mailto:chriscool@tuxfamily.org 2. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com 3. krh@redhat.com mailto:krh@redhat.com 4. jasampler@gmail.com mailto:jasampler@gmail.com 5. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-REPLACE(1)