Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting? Post 302997853 by abhi3093 on Sunday 21st of May 2017 02:33:07 AM
Old 05-21-2017
How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell scripting

I need to write a script which analyses an invoice file, counting the amount of pages in the file to be printed per account number and per invoice. The account numbers are stored in another file which has instructions on what do with ach customers invoice as per their account number. please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: la_burton
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need your Help on Unix Shell Scripting.........

Hi Friends, 1. Bash Shell Scrpt to take backup at evening 2. I need a bash shell script for killing all processes. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayraj
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell scripting

i have a file blah_blah_blah_yyyymmdd.dat . I need to write a shell script to extract this date and compare it with the current date. How do i do this?? Can someone provide me with the code please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swarna bhat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button.... Code Details echo "<script type="text/javascript">" echo "function exec_refresh()" echo "{" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_gshankar24
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell scripting

hi experts, i m a btech student......my mini project is making a secure unix shell which is intented to stop mal practice in educational environment...........in other words need to create a new shell in which commands like cp do not work....can anyone suggest me how to begin with it....refrence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas MENON.S
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell scripting help

Hi , I am beginner in Unix. I have a string /aa/bb/cc/dd. I want to extract the sub string /aa/bb/cc from this . How do i do that in bash? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting

Hi Guys, I suppose I have a file with these values 1 2 3 4 5 6 and I want to count how many values do I have. I know is I had the values in lines I will use wc -l How can I do that ? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

10. Programming

unix Shell scripting

Hi All, need help to complete the automation but stuck at a perticular situation below is the code <code> fixed_function_name { code.... code.... variable_map= { a="/a" b="/b" c="/c" so on... } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
7 Replies
MONGO(1)							  Mongo Database							  MONGO(1)

NAME
mongo - the Mongo command-line tool SYNOPSIS
mongo [OPTIONS] [DB_ADDRESS] [FILE+] DESCRIPTION
mongo is a JavaScript shell (with GNU readline capabilities). It supports interactive and non-interactive use. When used interactively, JavaScript can be used to query the database or perform any other function normally available with SpiderMonkey. Database output is dis- played in JSON format. If JavaScript files are specified on the command line, the shell will run non-interactively, running each one in sequence and then exiting. EXAMPLES
mongo start the shell, connecting to the server at localhost:27017 and using the test database mongo foo start the shell using the foo database at localhost:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:27017 mongo 192.169.0.5:9999/foo start the shell using the foo database at 192.169.0.5:9999 mongo script1.js script2.js script3.js run three scripts and exit OPTIONS
--shell run the shell after executing files --help show usage information --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) --port PORT port to connect to (default PORT=27017) --nodb do not connect to mongod --eval SCRIPT evaluate JavaScript -u USERNAME specify user to log in as -pPASSWORD specify password of user (notice there is no space) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGO(1)