Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP broke after patching
Operating Systems Solaris LDAP broke after patching Post 302997824 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 20th of May 2017 05:30:24 AM
Old 05-20-2017
Not a direct answer to your question,

Perhaps after the client upgrade, a ssl/tls protocol version that was previously being used to communicate with the server, became obsolete, so it is forced to use a newer protocol.
  • Perhaps the server does not speak the newer protocol, or
  • The server certificate is not installed for the newer protocol.
  • The client needs to update to a newer root certificate..

Just a few loose thought..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I think I broke it....

I was trying to install gcc on my solaris 2.6 box... and I kept encountering an error that was probably due to the lack of allocated space to the /var/spool/pkg... For some reason... I'm still trying to figure this out... I make symbolic links to every instace of /spool I could find... I then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changed the hostname/IP and broke it (AIX)

A buddy of mine bought an older RS/6000 CAD workstation runing AIX to learn on, and had me put it on his LAN at home. I used smit to change the hostname/IP. After a reboot I try to login, and get a message saying that DTMessage cannot start, and gives a changed hostname as one of the possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i broke CDE

i honestly dont know what i did... considering i did many things... but now when i run a tightvnc session, i don't get the CDE desktop anymore, i get something that looks like an empty screen with a single terminal window... to make things worse, i can't do anything with that terminal window. it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

4. AIX

disks broke?

hay I'm new in the AIX-environment. Right now i'm testing some stuff out. But i can't test the LVM-part which is (to me) very important. I have 2 disks in my testmachine but it seems only 1 is working wel. I'll show you the output below of the disks... hdisk0 = in good condition hdisk2 =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

6. AIX

X Forwarding broke

X Forwarding has quit working on only 2 of our AIX Servers. ssh -X -vvv host That shows it requesting the X11 forward auth spoofing. No errors. echo $DISPLAY shows the display variable However when I execute xclock.... nothing... Kinda like it just hangs and for some reasons it does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ssh connection broke after patching

Hi, I have a user - e3t3user on two Solaris-10 servers. We did patching source server and after that e3t3user is not able to ssh from one server to another. Passwordless ssh connection is setup between both servers (with ssh keys share). I am not able to figure out, where it is failing. Here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
SSL_get_peer_certificate(3)					      OpenSSL					       SSL_get_peer_certificate(3)

NAME
SSL_get_peer_certificate - get the X509 certificate of the peer SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> X509 *SSL_get_peer_certificate(SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_get_peer_certificate() returns a pointer to the X509 certificate the peer presented. If the peer did not present a certificate, NULL is returned. NOTES
Due to the protocol definition, a TLS/SSL server will always send a certificate, if present. A client will only send a certificate when explicitly requested to do so by the server (see SSL_CTX_set_verify(3)). If an anonymous cipher is used, no certificates are sent. That a certificate is returned does not indicate information about the verification state, use SSL_get_verify_result(3) to check the veri- fication state. The reference count of the X509 object is incremented by one, so that it will not be destroyed when the session containing the peer cer- tificate is freed. The X509 object must be explicitly freed using X509_free(). RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL No certificate was presented by the peer or no connection was established. Pointer to an X509 certificate The return value points to the certificate presented by the peer. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_verify_result(3), SSL_CTX_set_verify(3) 0.9.7a 2001-09-07 SSL_get_peer_certificate(3)