Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Is there virc or exrc for saving vi configuration settings in AIX? Post 302997793 by rbatte1 on Friday 19th of May 2017 01:05:34 PM
Old 05-19-2017
I think it is ~/.exrc but it's in the man pages for vi. Sadly I don't have an AIX server available to check it though.

I hope that this helps,
Robin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Saving Desktop configuration

How can I save my desktop configurations?? (background, wallpaper, etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulisses0205
2 Replies

2. AIX

P520 AIX com port (tty0) settings

I have software running under AIX 5.3 that should communicate with a special device using standard communication protocol (Modbus) using serial RS-232 line The settings are correct in both sides, But I can't establish a connection. I suspect that there's something that I should do regarding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman metwally
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Saving Font Settings

I've written some tools that don't like the default font setting that come up with the Common Desktop Environment. (The text on the buttons looks like the dingbat character set.) The work around is to go into the style manager and set the font to anything other than 'medium' which is the default.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
2 Replies

4. AIX

default settings of security password in AIX

Hi Guy's Just I want to know the default settings of security password in AIX there is some changes happened in my machine when I try to change my password I'm getting this message Changing password for "root" root's New password: a minimum of 1 elapsed week between changes.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

5. AIX

Settings change in aix

Hi Can any one tell the procedure to change the maxpout and minpout settings on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal emulation settings help rlogin AIX to SCO

I use a program called TinyTerm to access our AIX machine. It works fine except for when I rlogin into our SCO unix server. Backspace doesn't delete, ctrl-c doesn't work (delete key does same thing), and the most annoying thing is vi acts very wierd. I have to press the down arrow like 3 times to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies

7. Red Hat

Saving TTY settings

I have 4 digi etherlite boards that allow Wyse and VT100 terminals to connect to our network (stop laughing) :) We are switching from an older version of redhat where we have these running to: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago) I finally got them working and copied the tty... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mp99
5 Replies

8. AIX

What are the ideal ulimit settings for root user in AIX?

Hi, what are the ideal/best/recommended ulimit settings for a root user in AIX? I understand that it depends on our environment. But I would like to know...what are settings you guys use in your environment for best performance. default: fsize = 2097151 core = 2097151 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies
INFO2MAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       INFO2MAN(1)

NAME
info2man - generate man pages from info documents SYNOPSIS
info2man info-file DESCRIPTION
info2man converts a GNU info file to a man page. It first generates a POD (Plain Old Documentation) file using info2pod(1), then converts this to a man page using pod2man(1). info-file should be the full path to the info file (probably in /usr/share/info or similar). OPTIONS
None. NOTES
The style of info documentation and man pages differs considerably. Info documentation is generally written as a book, making full use of chapters, hyperlinks, footnotes, and the like. By contrast, man pages are often intended as something closer to a reference card. That said, many people prefer the interface used to view man pages (a normal pager) to the available info browsers. This program will con- vert the form, but not the content; don't expect it to possess the artificial intelligence necessary to turn a lengthy interconnected info file into a man page that is a model of conciseness! AUTHOR
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> wrote info2man. Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
info2pod(1), pod2man(1). INFO2MAN(1)