Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can we have 2 mount point under the same name but at different directory? Post 302997696 by leecopper on Thursday 18th of May 2017 08:52:33 AM
Old 05-18-2017
actually i getting this from etc/filesystems

Code:
/oranew:
           dev        =/dev/fslv04
           vfs         =jfs2
           log         =/dev/loglv02
           mount     =true
           option     =rw
           account   =false

Code:
/root/oranew:
           dev        =/dev/fslv04
           vfs         =jfs2
           log         =/dev/loglv02
           mount     =true
           option     =rw
           account   =false

and also i am not able to lsvg to the oranewvg..cant varyon and varyoff..please assist.

thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 05-18-2017 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover mount point

A disk was sliced into 6 slices with m01 being the mount point for one of the slices. This mount point was deleted with rmdir (ie. rmdir m01). What is the easiest way to recover this mount point? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: here2learn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount point

hi people, I'm trying to create a mount point, but am having no sucess at all, with the following: mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/diskname /newdirectory but i keep getting - mount-point /newdirectory doesn't exist. What am i doing wrong/missing? Thanks Rc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concept of mount point

Hi All I Know it is a really basic and stupid question perhaps...But I am going bonkers.. I have following valid paths in my unix system: 1. /opt/cdedev/informatica/InfSrv/app/bin 2. /vikas/cdedev/app Both refer to the same physical location. So if I created one file 'test' in first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount point options

Hello all, I'm sharing 1 volume from a Sun Storage array (6130), out to 2 servers. Created a slice on one server and mounted a filesystem. On the other server the disk already sees the created slice from the other server (shared throught the storage array, so mounted this filesystem as well. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount point lists

is there any command to know the list of mount points in a server.i need only the mount point lists.i tried using df but it was not helpful.i am using Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Size of Mount Point

Hi, On Solaris 5.10, I have a following mount point: /dev/dsk/emcpower0a 492G 369G 118G 76% /u02 In /u02, from the du -h command, I can see that only 110G is used by couple of directories. I am wondering where the rest of 259G has gone? Any ideas please? How can I check... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
17 Replies

7. AIX

Change Mount point

Deart All, can any one help to do this, i need to change mount point in AIX 6 /opt/OM should be /usr/lpp/OM, how do i do.... Please help me Urgent issue (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount point in a server

Hi , How to find out mount point in a server ? OS -- SunOS 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies

9. Linux

Make directory used as mount point read-only

For my backup , I mount and external hard disk to /mnt/mybackup and then I do an rsync to /mnt/mybackup If for some reason the rsync fails, I want to prevent it from writing data on the server hard disk itself since the external hard disk will no longer be mounted on it. I want /mnt/mybackup... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
FS_RMMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_RMMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_rmmount - Removes a mount point SYNOPSIS
fs rmmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs rm -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs rmmount command removes the mount point named by the -dir argument from the file system. The corresponding volume remains on its host partition or partitions, but is inaccessible if there are no other mount points for it. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the mount point to delete from the file system. The last element in the pathname must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as "dot" (".") or "dot dot" (".."). Specify the read/write path to the directory, to avoid the failure that results from attempting to delete a mount point from a read- only volume. By convention, the read/write path is indicated by placing a period before the cell name at the pathname's second level (for example, /afs/.abc.com). For further discussion of the concept of read/write and read-only paths through the filespace, see the fs mkmount reference page. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command removes the mount points jones and terry from the current working directory (the /afs/abc.com/usr directory). % fs rmmount jones terry PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "d" (delete) permission on the ACL of the directory that houses each mount point. SEE ALSO
fs_lsmount(1), fs_mkmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_RMMOUNT(1)