Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Invalid arithmetic operator on string concatenation Post 302997473 by jcdole on Sunday 14th of May 2017 12:26:10 PM
Old 05-14-2017
Yes that work.
Thank you for helping

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string concatenation

my input file contains thousands of lines like below 234A dept of education 9788 dept of commerce 8677 dept of engineering How do i add a delimeter ':' after FIRST 4 CHARACTERS in a line 234A:dept of education 9788:dept of commerce 8677:dept of engineering (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help concatenation string and variable

Hello, in my script i have this lines of code in a while cycle: .. let j=i+1 t_prod_$i = `cat myfile.csv | grep world | cut -d ";" -f$j` let i+=1 ... So if i try an echo $t_prod_$i at the end of the cycle i cannot see the right value obtained by `cat myfile.csv | grep world |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drain
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation with spaces

Hi, I have a variable $ID=40 and I need to build a string like 40 40 40 40 40 40 so repeating ID 'n' times separated by spaces. Any help? Thanks Sarah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator

hi, i have a bash script that i want to receive a a string from another bash file. But because the string has a dot in the middle it gives me an error. The error is in this line: let valor=$1 and the value passed is rules.txt the error is: let: valor=rules.txt: syntax error: invalid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking variables + arithmetic operator help

i'm trying to make a script to simply add numbers together for example i have a file script file called add add 1 2 3 4 5 15 however i want the user to put at least 3 numbers so i did this if then echo "please enter more than two numbers" exit 1 fi but it's telling me i have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: el3ctr0nic47
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid arithmetic operator

Hi experts, I'm facing trouble with the below bash script, any help is appreciated #!/usr/bin/bash .. if (( "${date1}" > "${l_date1}" )) then echo "success" else echo "nothing" fi the variable date1 contains 08/06/2013 and l_date1 contains 10/08/2013 this small script to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

BC calculation for floating (invalid arithmetic operator )

Hi, I wish to compare the CPU LOAD 1 min with 5mins and 15mins. If 1 min's CPU LOAd spike 3% compare to 5 mins or 15 mins CPU Load, it is warning. If 1 min's CPU LOAd spike 5% compare to 5 mins or 15 mins CPU Load, it is critical. However I received following code error, I google it and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvintiow
10 Replies
SNMPGETNEXT(1)							     Net-SNMP							    SNMPGETNEXT(1)

NAME
snmpgetnext - communicates with a network entity using SNMP GETNEXT requests SYNOPSIS
snmpgetnext [COMMON OPTIONS] [-Cf] OID [OID]... DESCRIPTION
snmpget is an SNMP application that uses the SNMP GETNEXT request to query for information on a network entity. One or more object identi- fiers (OIDs) may be given as arguments on the command line. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). For each one, the variable that is lexicographically "next" in the remote entity's MIB will be returned. For example: snmpgetnext -c public zeus interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.1 will retrieve the variable interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.2: interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.2 = softwareLoopback(24) If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error message will be shown, helping to pinpoint in what way the request was malformed. OPTIONS
snmpgetnext takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page and also the -Cf option described in the snmpget(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpget(1), variables(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPGETNEXT(1)