Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to print only number using awk command in Linux ? Post 302997430 by tom8254 on Saturday 13th of May 2017 03:59:01 AM
Old 05-13-2017
How to print only number using awk command in Linux ?

Now I'm trying summary sar data.

CPU , Memory , Traffic , TPS (Min Max value)

CPU is okay using below command.
Code:
[Server]$  sar -p | awk '{gsub(/[^0-9. ]/,"")}1' | awk 'BEGIN {min=1000000; max=0;};\
 { if($7<min && $7 != "") min = $7; if($7>max && $7 != "") max = $7; } END {print min, max}'
98.93 99.55

but other things.....It doesn't work....

Please teach me why it doesn't work for another value.

Last edited by vbe; 05-13-2017 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print number of lines with awk ?

Can some body tell me how to print number of line from a particular file, with sed. ? Input file format AAAA BBBB CCCC SDFFF DDDD DDDD Command to print line 2 and 3 ? BBBB CCCC And also please tell me how to assign column sum to variable. I user the following command it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print exact field number

Hello there. I want some help with awk I have this script that reads a file from awk and you can insert from keyboard any list from the fields that exist so to be printed on monitor echo "give a choice" read -a ans array=${ans} awk -F: -v k="$array" '{ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: covis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I print out lines with the same number in front using awk?

Hi, I need help in printing out the dates with the largest value in front of it using awk. 436 28/Feb/2008 436 27/Feb/2008 436 20/Feb/2008 422 13/Feb/2008 420 23/Feb/2008 409 21/Feb/2008 402 26/Feb/2008 381 22/Feb/2008 374 24/Feb/2008 360... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFA
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help. How to print number with 'awk'?

Dear all, I have to transform a bunch of files into a new format. how to do it with bash script, especially with 'awk' command. the original data O,0,0.2839896442,-1.1628392411,-1.5976515479 Cr,0,-0.0502858628,-0.1725974837,-0.380627632 C,0,2.4506658279,-0.476964918,0.2299298249 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: print columns depending on their number

hi guys, i have the following problem: i have a matrix with 3 columns and over 450 rows like this: 0.0165 0.0151 0.0230 0.0143 0.0153 0.0134 0.0135 0.0123 0.0195 0.0173 0.0153 0.0182 i now want to calculate the average of every line and divide every element of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waddle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print max number of 2 columns - awk

Is it possible to print max number of 2 columns - awk note: print max if the integer is positive and print min if the integer is negative input a 1 2 b 3 4 c 5 1 d -3 -5 d -5 -3 output a 2 b 4 c 5 d -5 d -5 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print number of records, divide this number

I would like to print the number of records of 2 files, and divide the two numbers awk '{print NR}' file1 > output1 awk '{print NR}' file2 > output2 paste output1 output2 > output awl '{print $1/$2}' output > output_2 is there a faster way? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerc
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Unknown Number of User Inputs in awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I am trying to figure out how to print an output based on user input. For example: ubuntu:~/scripts$ steps="step1, step2, step3" ubuntu:~/scripts$ echo $steps step1, step2, step3 I am playing around and I got this pattern that I want: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Print column number that return value comes from

I have the following awk script that I am using to find the max value in the file and print results. awk 'BEGIN {MAX=-1E100} {for (x=2; x<=NF; x++) if ($x>MAX) {MAX = $x; C1 = $1}} END {print substr(C1,1,11), substr(C1,13,4), substr(C1,18,2), MAX}' ABC* Input (ABC*) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
6 Replies
Time::Progress(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Time::Progress(3)

NAME
Time::Progress - Elapsed and estimated finish time reporting. SYNOPSIS
use Time::Progress; # autoflush to get working $| = 1; # get new `timer' my $p = new Time::Progress; # restart and report progress $p->restart; sleep 5; # or do some work here print $p->report( "done %p elapsed: %L (%l sec), ETA %E (%e sec) ", 50 ); # set min and max values $p->attr( min => 2, max => 20 ); # restart `timer' $p->restart; my $c; for( $c = 2; $c <= 20; $c++ ) { # print progress bar and percentage done print $p->report( "eta: %E min, %40b %p ", $c ); sleep 1; # work... } # stop timer $p->stop; # report times print $p->elapsed_str; DESCRIPTION
Shortest time interval that can be measured is 1 second. The available methods are: new my $p = new Time::Progress; Returns new object of Time::Progress class and starts the timer. It also sets min and max values to 0 and 100, so the next report calls will default to percents range. restart restarts the timer and clears the stop mark. optionally restart() may act also as attr() for setting attributes: $p->restart( min => 1, max => 5 ); is the same as: $p->attr( min => 1, max => 5 ); $p->restart(); If you need to count things, you can set just 'max' attribute since 'min' is already set to 0 when object is constructed by new(): $p->restart( max => 42 ); stop Sets the stop mark. This is only useful if you do some work, then finish, then do some work that shouldn't be timed and finally report. Something like: $p->restart; # do some work here... $p->stop; # do some post-work here print $p->report; # `post-work' will not be timed Stop is useless if you want to report time as soon as work is finished like: $p->restart; # do some work here... print $p->report; continue Clears the stop mark. (mostly useless, perhaps you need to restart?) attr Sets and returns internal values for attributes. Available attributes are: min This is the min value of the items that will follow (used to calculate estimated finish time) max This is the max value of all items in the even (also used to calculate estimated finish time) format This is the default report format. It is used if report is called without parameters. attr returns array of the set attributes: my ( $new_min, $new_max ) = $p->attr( min => 1, max => 5 ); If you want just to get values use undef: my $old_format = $p->attr( format => undef ); This way of handling attributes is a bit heavy but saves a lot of attribute handling functions. attr will complain if you pass odd number of parameters. report report is the most complex method in this package. :) expected arguments are: $p->report( format, [current_item] ); format is string that will be used for the result string. Recognized special sequences are: %l elapsed seconds %L elapsed time in minutes in format MM:SS %e remaining seconds %E remaining time in minutes in format MM:SS %p percentage done in format PPP.P% %f estimated finish time in format returned by localtime() %b %B progress bar which looks like: ##############...................... %b takes optional width: %40b -- 40-chars wide bar %9b -- 9-chars wide bar %b -- 79-chars wide bar (default) Parameters can be ommited and then default format set with attr will be used. Sequences 'L', 'l', 'E' and 'e' can have width also: %10e %5l ... Estimate time calculations can be used only if min and max values are set (see attr method) and current item is passed to report! if you want to use the default format but still have estimates use it like this: $p->format( undef, 45 ); If you don't give current item (step) or didn't set proper min/max value then all estimate sequences will have value `n/a'. You can freely mix reports during the same event. elapsed estimate helpers -- return elapsed/estimate seconds. elapsed_str estimate_str helpers -- return elapsed/estimated string in format: "elapsed time is MM:SS min. " "remaining time is MM:SS min. " all helpers need one argument -- current item. FORMAT EXAMPLES
# $c is current element (step) reached # for the examples: min = 0, max = 100, $c = 33.3 print $p->report( "done %p elapsed: %L (%l sec), ETA %E (%e sec) ", $c ); # prints: # done 33.3% elapsed time 0:05 (5 sec), ETA 0:07 (7 sec) print $p->report( "%45b %p ", $c ); # prints: # ###############.............................. 33.3% print $p->report( "done %p ETA %f ", $c ); # prints: # done 33.3% ETA Sun Oct 21 16:50:57 2001 GITHUB REPOSITORY
git@github.com:cade-vs/perl-time-progress.git git clone git://github.com/cade-vs/perl-time-progress.git AUTHOR
Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski "Cade" <cade@biscom.net> <cade@datamax.bg> <cade@cpan.org> http://cade.datamax.bg perl v5.18.2 2013-07-08 Time::Progress(3)