Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to see controller C1 on Solaris 8 Post 302997243 by phanidhar6039 on Wednesday 10th of May 2017 07:20:58 AM
Old 05-10-2017
Hi,

I am struggling to understand here.

Code:
df -k output

/dev/md/dsk/d0       8263373 4243395 3937345    52%    /
/proc                      0       0       0     0%    /proc
fd                         0       0       0     0%    /dev/fd
mnttab                     0       0       0     0%    /etc/mnttab
/dev/md/dsk/d2       1021735  399723  560708    42%    /var
swap                 7367512      24 7367488     1%    /var/run
swap                 7367952     464 7367488     1%    /tmp
/dev/md/dsk/d4       105034703 80527538 23456818    78%    /db01
/dev/md/dsk/d5       140052804 95566454 43085822    69%    /backup1
/dev/md/dsk/d6       9736204 4422407 5216435    46%    /export
/dev/md/dsk/d3       35018085 14055926 20611979    41%    /opt/oracle

In above output i am able to mount all the devices and i was getting Needs Maintenance on : d3,d3,d3

When i had a look at metastat output one of the submirror of d3 i.e d13 (c1t0d0s4) is showing as maintenance and rest of the slices c1t0d0 are ok.

I tried to look for C1 controller and failed to get the information about it as i couldnt find the controller in devfsadm or cfgadm or luxadm as said in intial post.

Currently i have detached all the submirrors of c1t0d0 disk from all mirrors and tried to mount and able to mount them after running fsck on the s0 and s1.

But the maintenence slice c1t0d0s4 i am able to mout but getting error when i do the fsck.

Now not sure if we need to replace the disk if so how do we do that when we cant see the controller.

Note: these are legacy systems.

Thanks,
P

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 05-10-2017 at 09:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to uninstall package in Solaris

I am getting the below mentioned error while trying to unistall a package from a 2.8 Solaris box. Please help.. pkgrm: ERROR: unable to determine current run-state Removal of <PDMgr> failed (internal error). No changes were made to the system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HD Controller does not Work in Solaris

Hi, I'm attempting to build a raid Z NAS using solaris, but I only have 4 sata ports on my MB, so I bought a Rosewill RC-211 PCIe controller (adds 2 sata II ports). I'm new to solaris, but I understand that to add a new drive, you first run #devfsadm, which puts the files into /dev/dsk. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

unable to shutdown solaris 10

hi folks, i have a snag, when i attempt shutdown of solaris 10 on a sunfire v240 it seems to pause for ages, and goes no further, im busy learning my way around the system so please be patient. /etc(R)-bash-3.00$ init 6 /etc(R)-bash-3.00$ svc.startd: The system is coming down. Please wait.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienkidmj12
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

5. Solaris

unable to use thumbdrive in Solaris 10

hi friends, i had this problem in a Solaris 10 server when i inserted my thumbdrive, i can't find the device file containing usb. what should i do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to login Solaris 10

I have inherited a solaris 10 server. I went to log into it the other day over the console connection, and after sucessfully entering the password, I was booted back to the login prompt with no errors visible. If I enter an incorect password, the console displays 'incorrect password' and kicks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 server as Primary Domain Controller

Hi, All of our servers run Solaris (currently 10, but looking to upgrade to 11). In each of our offices we have a server configured as a Primary Domain Controller via Samba to provide naming services to our Windoze users. I would like to continue with that arrangement, but I would also like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgkorb
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to add printer in Solaris

HI I am unable to add printer in solaris (architecture is SUN and OS is Solaris 10) as I try to print the file it gives following error Failed to contact service for erp-cljCP2025: not-found Need help Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to reboot Solaris

Hi, we have a sun sparc solaris 10 machine and recently there was a power failure and one of the server domain was down. So today morning i have powered up the domain and it returned me to ok prompt then i have booted the machine with disk from devalias, the system was up as normal and no error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network

Hello, I followed these instructions to create a Solaris 11 zone: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html And I am unable to ping anything from the Local Zone except for the IP address of the global zone. My global zone has an IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies
vfstab(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          vfstab(4)

NAME
vfstab - table of file system defaults DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/vfstab describes defaults for each file system. The information is stored in a table with the following column headings: device device mount FS fsck mount mount to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options The fields in the table are space-separated and show the resource name (device to mount), the raw device to fsck (device to fsck), the default mount directory (mount point), the name of the file system type (FS type), the number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically (fsck pass), whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall (mount at boot), and the file system mount options (mount options). (See respective mount file system man page below in SEE ALSO for mount options.) A '-' is used to indicate no entry in a field. This may be used when a field does not apply to the resource being mounted. The getvfsent(3C) family of routines is used to read and write to /etc/vfstab. /etc/vfstab can be used to specify swap areas. An entry so specified, (which can be a file or a device), will automatically be added as a swap area by the /sbin/swapadd script when the system boots. To specify a swap area, the device-to-mount field contains the name of the swap file or device, the FS-type is "swap", mount-at-boot is "no" and all other fields have no entry. EXAMPLES
The following are vfstab entries for various file system types supported in the Solaris operating environment. Example 1: NFS and UFS Mounts The following entry invokes NFS to automatically mount the directory /usr/local of the server example1 on the client's /usr/local directory with read-only permission: example1:/usr/local - /usr/local nfs - yes ro The following example assumes a small departmental mail setup, in which clients mount /var/mail from a server mailsvr. The following entry would be listed in each client's vfstab: mailsvr:/var/mail - /var/mail nfs - yes intr,bg The following is an example for a UFS file system in which logging is enabled: /dev/dsk/c2t10d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c2t10d0s0 /export/local ufs 3 yes logging See mount_nfs(1M) for a description of NFS mount options and mount_ufs(1M) for a description of UFS options. Example 2: pcfs Mounts The following example mounts a pcfs file system on a fixed hard disk on an x86 machine: /dev/dsk/c1t2d0p0:c - /win98 pcfs - yes - The example below mounts a Jaz drive on a SPARC machine. Normally, the volume management daemon (see vold(1M)) handles mounting of remov- able media, obviating a vfstab entry. If you choose to specify a device that supports removable media in vfstab, be sure to set the mount- at-boot field to no, as below. Such an entry presumes you are not running vold. /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s2:c - /jaz pcfs - no - For removable media on a SPARC machine, the convention for the slice portion of the disk identifier is to specify s2, which stands for the entire medium. For pcfs file systems on x86 machines, note that the disk identifier uses a p (p0) and a logical drive (c, in the /win98 example above) for a pcfs logical drive. See mount_pcfs(1M) for syntax for pcfs logical drives and for pcfs-specific mount options. Example 3: CacheFS Mount Below is an example for a CacheFS file system. Because of the length of this entry and the fact that vfstab entries cannot be continued to a second line, the vfstab fields are presented here in a vertical format. In re-creating such an entry in your own vfstab, you would enter values as you would for any vfstab entry, on a single line. device to mount: svr1:/export/abc device to fsck: /usr/abc mount point: /opt/cache FS type: cachefs fsck pass: 7 mount at boot: yes mount options: local-access,bg,nosuid,demandconst,backfstype=nfs,cachedir=/opt/cache See mount_cachefs(1M) for CacheFS-specific mount options. Example 4: Loopback File System Mount The following is an example of mounting a loopback (lofs) file system: /export/test - /opt/test lofs - yes - See lofs(7FS) for an overview of the loopback file system. SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mount(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), mount_hsfs(1M), mount_nfs(1M), mount_tmpfs(1M), mount_ufs(1M), swap(1M), getvfsent(3C) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 21 Jun 2001 vfstab(4)