Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find cmd and sym links
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find cmd and sym links Post 302997104 by jim mcnamara on Monday 8th of May 2017 04:47:57 AM
Old 05-08-2017
Don -

Thanks for pointing that out. I was wrong. Don't know what I was thinking....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and sym links

Would I be correct in assuming that find doesn't bother recursivley searching down sim links. (It doesn't seem to so I guess it doesn't!!!) Is there anyway to make it do so? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working as expected

Hi, i wan to search the file starting with Admin into the directory Output. I am running below command: find /appl/Output -name "Admin*" -prune but this command is going into the sub directories present under output. I do not want to search under sub directories. Any help will be highly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal123
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using find cmd to find certain files

i have a list of files below: rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 180 Mar 4 22:47 del_0n_Date -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 472 Mar 4 22:58 mail_Check -rw-r--r-- 1 pipe pipe 92 Mar 4 22:58 minfo.txt -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 609 Mar 5 05:12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working correctly in script

I am trying to copy 2 types of files so I can archive them. I tested with a set of commands: touch -t $(date -d "-60 day" +%Y%m%d) WORKDIR/REF find TARGETDIR/ -type f -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.out\* -or -iname \*.log\* ! -newer WORKDIR/REF -exec ls -l {} \; This correctly lists any files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date with find cmd

Hi for today i have 10 files, in that i need search some values how can i write a find cmd with perticular date thanks SAIC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saic
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to link lsof and find cmd?

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also to avoid file system being hung-up. Finding the process id: is to kill the process Finding the biggest file: is to remove the file To get the process... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested find cmd

Hi gurus, greetings. Objective: find in a path directories that are named Logs. In each found Logs dir search for files with .log extension and remove -atime +6. (Note for test/example, rm and -atime is not used). Issue: If I execute the script without redirecting output to a file, on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the find cmd

Hello, I'm having a trouble with the find cmd. I would like to find all the java versions on my systems. I have solaris 9 & 10 RHEL and SUSIE. java -version doesn't give all the versions on the server. So I am trying to use the find command to find them all find / -name java I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Sym Links for a series of files

Hello, I would like to create symbolic links for a series of files in my cwd (after confirming that the links don't already exist). The above files all have a similar prefix, but different extensions. I created a shell script like shown below and I get an error message "No such file or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies
ISO-INFO(1)							   User Commands						       ISO-INFO(1)

NAME
iso-info - shows Information about an ISO 9660 image SYNOPSIS
iso-info [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=UINT Set debugging to LEVEL -i, --input[=FILE] Filename to read ISO-9960 image from -f Generate output similar to 'find . -print' -l, --iso9660 output similar to 'ls -lR' for an ISO 9660 fs -U, --udf output similar to 'ls -lR' for a UDF fs --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression --no-joliet Don't use Joliet-extension information --no-rock-ridge Don't use Rock-Ridge-extension information --no-xa Don't use XA-extension information -r --show-rock-ridge UINT Show if image uses Rock-Ridge extensions A maximum of UINT files will be considered. Use 0 for all files. -q, --quiet Don't produce warning output -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005, 2007-2008, 2011-2013 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/sr0 SEE ALSO
cd-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read(1) to read portions of an ISO 9660 image. iso-info December 2013 ISO-INFO(1)