Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on simple shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on simple shell script Post 302997070 by dcaccount on Sunday 7th of May 2017 11:05:01 AM
Old 05-07-2017
Help on simple shell script

Hello,

I need to create one very simple shell script that checks if the first character of the file ./pump.txt is 0 and in that case gives a message.
If the first character is instead 1, it does give a different message.

I have written:
Code:
irr= head -c 1  ./pump.txt
if [[ "$irr" == "0" ]]; then
        echo "!!!!!!!!!! Disabled"
else
        echo "Enabled"
fi

It does not work.

Ps, the file ./pump.txt is generated by the following commands:
Code:
echo "1" > "./pump.txt"
echo "0" > "./pump.txt"

Can you please help me?
Thanks,
daniele

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 05-07-2017 at 04:42 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I need of a simple shell script

Hi, I need of a simple shell script to launch a perl script. The complet path of the script is: /export/home/x2693/project/v02/appliancemanagement.pl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a simple shell script

Hi All I have requirement to write a shell script which would look for the userid which is logged in , and once the User id is found i would delete certain lines from a parameter file .. here is what iam using a=ps -o user | grep -v user | uniq then using an if condition and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a very simple shell script

Am VERY new to UNIX and need to know the answer to this particular question :- Write a short shell or perl script to do the following tasks: 4.1 Move all the files mentioned (there are other files in the directory) from their current directory to /home/selvarde/testfiles/ and add the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samdeb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script

Hello Friends, I am writing a shell script which will grab a file if it exists and copies it to another folder and will append with current date. I have written but gives me error, plz help: -------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/sh source=/home/dev4rice/naveen/test1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with simple shell script.

Hello forum members, I have to redirect a output of command into a text file inside a script file but iam getting an errors.so please see below script and suggest me for corrections. #!/bin/ksh read IP_ADD echo nslookup $IP_ADD 2>&1| tee log1.txt cat /amex/gcst/siva/Testr/log1.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with very simple Shell Script

Write a shell that receives as parameters two folder names. Copies the second folder as subfolder into the first one. Only folders and files with the '.txt' extension will be copied. Detect and avoid recursive copy. This is what I have to do and I don't know where to start. In fact, I started... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsh07er
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple Shell Script

Hi , I am in need of simple shell script that has one input file containing some words Input file 1 : ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL***** CHRITINE*****FAISAL*****DON***** ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL***** CHRITINE*****FAISAL*****DON***** ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL*****... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanjuna
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script? Someone help?

Write a shell script which adds up 10 numbers entered by the user and displays the result to the screen. You must use the read command to obtain the numbers from the user. Im a nooby noob (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNubBrah
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script! Almost Done!

Hello, I am creating a shell script and I am almost done. I have certain things I want done in the shell but don't know how to finish it properly. Here is what I am aiming to do. I am aiming to have a shell that takes at least 3 parameters. The first two are the two words to replace (the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellsNewb
3 Replies
STRUCT 
SPI_MASTER(9) Serial Peripheral Interface (S STRUCT SPI_MASTER(9) NAME
struct_spi_master - interface to SPI master controller SYNOPSIS
struct spi_master { struct device dev; struct list_head list; s16 bus_num; u16 num_chipselect; u16 dma_alignment; u16 mode_bits; u32 bits_per_word_mask; u16 flags; #define SPI_MASTER_HALF_DUPLEX BIT(0) #define SPI_MASTER_NO_RX BIT(1) #define SPI_MASTER_NO_TX BIT(2) spinlock_t bus_lock_spinlock; struct mutex bus_lock_mutex; bool bus_lock_flag; int (* setup) (struct spi_device *spi); int (* transfer) (struct spi_device *spi,struct spi_message *mesg); void (* cleanup) (struct spi_device *spi); bool queued; struct kthread_worker kworker; struct task_struct * kworker_task; struct kthread_work pump_messages; spinlock_t queue_lock; struct list_head queue; struct spi_message * cur_msg; bool busy; bool running; bool rt; int (* prepare_transfer_hardware) (struct spi_master *master); int (* transfer_one_message) (struct spi_master *master,struct spi_message *mesg); int (* unprepare_transfer_hardware) (struct spi_master *master); int * cs_gpios; }; MEMBERS
dev device interface to this driver list link with the global spi_master list bus_num board-specific (and often SOC-specific) identifier for a given SPI controller. num_chipselect chipselects are used to distinguish individual SPI slaves, and are numbered from zero to num_chipselects. each slave has a chipselect signal, but it's common that not every chipselect is connected to a slave. dma_alignment SPI controller constraint on DMA buffers alignment. mode_bits flags understood by this controller driver bits_per_word_mask A mask indicating which values of bits_per_word are supported by the driver. Bit n indicates that a bits_per_word n+1 is suported. If set, the SPI core will reject any transfer with an unsupported bits_per_word. If not set, this value is simply ignored, and it's up to the individual driver to perform any validation. flags other constraints relevant to this driver bus_lock_spinlock spinlock for SPI bus locking bus_lock_mutex mutex for SPI bus locking bus_lock_flag indicates that the SPI bus is locked for exclusive use setup updates the device mode and clocking records used by a device's SPI controller; protocol code may call this. This must fail if an unrecognized or unsupported mode is requested. It's always safe to call this unless transfers are pending on the device whose settings are being modified. transfer adds a message to the controller's transfer queue. cleanup frees controller-specific state queued whether this master is providing an internal message queue kworker thread struct for message pump kworker_task pointer to task for message pump kworker thread pump_messages work struct for scheduling work to the message pump queue_lock spinlock to syncronise access to message queue queue message queue cur_msg the currently in-flight message busy message pump is busy running message pump is running rt whether this queue is set to run as a realtime task prepare_transfer_hardware a message will soon arrive from the queue so the subsystem requests the driver to prepare the transfer hardware by issuing this call transfer_one_message the subsystem calls the driver to transfer a single message while queuing transfers that arrive in the meantime. When the driver is finished with this message, it must call spi_finalize_current_message so the subsystem can issue the next transfer unprepare_transfer_hardware there are currently no more messages on the queue so the subsystem notifies the driver that it may relax the hardware by issuing this call cs_gpios Array of GPIOs to use as chip select lines; one per CS number. Any individual value may be -ENOENT for CS lines that are not GPIOs (driven by the SPI controller itself). DESCRIPTION
Each SPI master controller can communicate with one or more spi_device children. These make a small bus, sharing MOSI, MISO and SCK signals but not chip select signals. Each device may be configured to use a different clock rate, since those shared signals are ignored unless the chip is selected. The driver for an SPI controller manages access to those devices through a queue of spi_message transactions, copying data between CPU memory and an SPI slave device. For each such message it queues, it calls the message's completion function when the transaction completes. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT SPI_MASTER(9)