Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Having trouble getting my interactive perl script to work properly Post 302997046 by Aia on Saturday 6th of May 2017 06:23:40 PM
Old 05-06-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1
I changed the || to && but I'm still getting the same thing where it just continually prompts the user to enter a key, even if they enter in 'q', 'Q', or 'c'
Remove the ENTER or RETURN key out of the captured input.

Code:
my $input = <STDIN>;
chomp $input;
if (($input ne "q") && ($input ne "Q") && ($input ne "c")) {
}

or, ignore anything else after the first character.
Code:
my $input = <STDIN>;
if($input !~ /^[Qqc]/) {
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Network doesn't work properly

Hi to all! I want to learn step by step easily how to configure my Solaris for network. I know alot about Solaris Network configuration. But I have some problems. When I install Solaris, and I plug-in my network cable to Solaris. Then I run: ifconfig -a plumb then I do ifconfig bge0 dhcp... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SecureXCode
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Big Trouble At Work!

People are misbehaving and doing things on the network they shouldn't be while at work, and it's killing the server. So the boss wants a plan on how to deal with these issues ASAP. What i need to know is how to use iptables to filter traffic coming to a specific ip... to say "this is allowed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShawnaB
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script doesnt work properly when crontab

Hi, I have a script which does a tar and sends it to another server as backup. Script is as below # Locations to be backed up. Seperate by space BACKUP_LOCATIONS=/repos/subversion BACKUP_BASE_FOLDER=/bakpool BACKUP_FILE_NAME_ROOT=svn-backup START_TIME_DISP=`date` START_TIME=`date... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
11 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gvim doesn't work properly

Hello All, I am using gvim ( redhat linux machine). backspace doesnot work properly. can some boby suggest a solution ? i have checked with older version. backspace works in it. Thanks Shiv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiv.emf
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

TAB button doesn't work properly

Hi, I have list of files under a directory as shown below. /home/root -rw-r--r-- 1 user 0 Aug 27 06:08 rough.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 user 0 Aug 27 06:08 test.sh Now when i use to read the rough.txt, i did cat r and then pressed TAB button. Below is the resulting string after pressing TAB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an interactive perl script from within a while-read loop

Hi, I have a perl script that prompts for a user to enter a password before doing what it does. This works well if I call it directly from a bash script #!/bin/bash /path/to/perl/script $arg1 $arg2 But, when I try to enclose this within a while read loop, the perl script is called but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't get mv to work properly

Trying to use mv in a shell script but for some reason this does not work: for f in *.wav;do mv $f $f.bwf;done I get this: usage: mv source target mv source ... directory So it's like I'm using 'mv' wrong but I can't see how. This works so the contens of the folder is read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oortone
4 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 SIEVESHELL(1)