Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with cifs/smbfs mount on Solaris Post 302996930 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 4th of May 2017 09:26:23 AM
Old 05-04-2017
Have you checked the documentation and worked on the provided examples?

Managing SMB File Sharing and Windows Interoperability in Oracle Solaris 11.3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

mount with CIFS

hi everyone months ago i installed software on hp-ux box. So instead of going to the server room (which is far and cold :) ), I put the DVD in my windows xp box and mount it using CIFS, it was successful. Now I want to install another software on the same hp-ux box using the same windows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

3. AIX

CIFS Mount not mounting on my AIX server

Dear Experts, Im facing a unique situation. We got a windows server folder cifs mounted on my AIX server. Before restarting the win server I tried unmounting the cifs mount. It got hanged and win server was restarted however. Now Im trying to mount the same. It prompts for password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
3 Replies

4. Linux

new file group permission of CIFS mount

After switching from smbfs mount, the dmask/dir_mode and fmask/file_mode no longer have an effect on the newly created files. It seems to use the system umask instead. I need the group to have write permissions without changing the root umask on the system. Any ideas? example fstab: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadgetx23
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Permissions problem with cifs.mount

hi, I have the following permission problems with cifs.mount : a share on a VNXe (EMC NAS) is accessed by two RHEL 5.9 accounts (authenticated by Active Directory); One account has read+wite permission to the share , the second one has only read permission. Both accounts uses the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarake
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Slackware: mount cifs with kerberos

On Slackware14.0 Compiled cifs-utils with kerberos support on request-key.conf added create cifs.spnego * * /usr/sbin/cifs.upcall %k %d But when i try mount -o sec=krb5 -t cifs //SLACK64//Users /media/users mount error(38): Function not implemented Refer to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

7. AIX

Mount CIFS on AIX

Hello AIX gurus, I am trying to mount a CIFS share on AIX and I could use some help. Here are the environment details: AIX - 6100-05-01-1016 Domain Controller - WIN2K8R2 (authentication takes place here) CIFS share is stored on a NetApp storage array that is joined to the domain I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Permission denied error using chmod on a cifs mount

I have a RHEL 5.7 system with a cifs mount from a Windows 2007 file server that I need to fix the permissions on. Once the share is mounted the permission for the mount are 777. I need to change that to 770 on the top level directory and to 640 on the sub-directory .ssh/. But when I run chmod... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
0 Replies

9. AIX

AIX available cifs mount options

Hi, I can't find any documentation of all available mount options of mount -v cifs Unfortunately you can specify any fantasy options, no complains, and the mount command shows this option In particular I want to know if there is a possibility to completely disable cifs caching in aix,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Automount boot smbfs Solaris 11

Hi, I need to autoboot a smbfs on solaris 11. When I mount on command line I use this command: mount -F smbfs -o user=weblogic,domain=next //192.168.32.52/Storage /Storage I need the row to insert into /etc/vfstab Thanks. Fabrizio (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbellinazzo
0 Replies
QFilePreview(3qt)														 QFilePreview(3qt)

NAME
QFilePreview - File previewing in QFileDialog SYNOPSIS
#include <qfiledialog.h> Public Members QFilePreview () virtual void previewUrl ( const QUrl & url ) = 0 DESCRIPTION
The QFilePreview class provides file previewing in QFileDialog. This class is an abstract base class which is used to implement widgets that can display a preview of a file in a QFileDialog. You must derive the preview widget from both QWidget and from this class. Then you must reimplement this class's previewUrl() function, which is called by the file dialog if the preview of a file (specified as a URL) should be shown. See also QFileDialog::setPreviewMode(), QFileDialog::setContentsPreview(), QFileDialog::setInfoPreview(), QFileDialog::setInfoPreviewEnabled(), QFileDialog::setContentsPreviewEnabled(). For an example of a preview widget see qt/examples/qdir/qdir.cpp. See also Miscellaneous Classes. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QFilePreview::QFilePreview () Constructs the QFilePreview. void QFilePreview::previewUrl ( const QUrl & url ) [pure virtual] This function is called by QFileDialog if a preview for the url should be shown. Reimplement this function to provide file previewing. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qfilepreview.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qfilepreview.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QFilePreview(3qt)