Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Checking if service is running Post 302996656 by achenle on Saturday 29th of April 2017 10:50:18 AM
Old 04-29-2017
If you're on Solaris 11.2 or later
Code:
netstat -aun

will show what PID is attached to all network objects (listening on ports, connected, etc) along with the base name of the process executable.
This User Gave Thanks to achenle For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to be sure the dns service is running ?

Well, i changed my lan card and finally i got it up and running, i have /etc/resolv.conf with domain xxx.xxx nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and it was working with me earlier with the old lan card, with the new one i added it ip using auto-dhcp and its received an ip from my dhcp and it can ping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

daemon running in AIX checking

how do u check if a daemon is running in AIX.. Is it ps -ef|grep daemon lssrc -s demon ??? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Checking Current Service Pack & Hot Fixes of XP

Dear Sir / Madam, With due respect, I am putting forwarad a question that whenever I am trying to check the current Service Pack & Hotfixes in Windows XP, I am getting the response like as under: (Windows can't find the" qfecheck.exe " check it again) in GUI mode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network checking while running a script

hi, i am new to this scripting stuff so please help. i need a script that should check network connection while process.bsh is running which connects to a server for some time (e.g. 30 secs to a minute) and I wanted to make sure that network interruption does not happen during this time period... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bun $ ny
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of service

HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FOR BELOW QUESTION CHECKING AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE IN LINUX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking to see if a service is running in a shell script

How can I tell, in a shell script, if a certain service is running? I know how to do this on the command line, but not in a script. Is an error thrown somehow that I can check? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIFO Status Checking/Running

May i please know 1) How to check if FIFO process is down? 2) How to bring FIFO up and running? we are using redhat Linux OS and bash shell Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Service checking through shell script

I want to check the postgres service for client PC which is remotely placed through shell script , whether the Postgres service is working or not.I don't have an idea to develop this script.Please give me a code. Client PC IP Address: 10.66.1.133 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How a service is always running ?

Hi How ssh service at all levels always running in her file /etc/inittab? vi /etc/inittab 10::respawn:/etc/init.d/sshd I added this line & save run init q But it did not (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking to see if windows service is running

Hi I have created a PowerShell script which successfully checks whether windows service pgsql-9.2 is running. I have tried to call that PowerShell script with a shell/bash script within a LINUX machine but have been unsuccessful. Is there a way of a shell/Perl script to check whether a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies
XR(1)								     Man Page								     XR(1)

NAME
xr - Crossroads Load Balancer & Fail Over Utility SYNOPSIS
xr [--verbose] [--web-interface XRSERVER:PORT] --server tcp:XRSERVER:PORT --backend BACKEND:PORT [--backend BACKEND:PORT] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents XR, the Crossroads Load Balancer & Fail Over Utility. XR is an open source load balancer and fail over utility for TCP based services. It is a dae mon running in user space, and features exten- sive configurability, polling of back ends using wake up calls, status reporting, many algorithms to select the 'right' back end for a reques t (and user-defined algorithms for very special cases), and much more. XR is service-independent: it is usable for any TCP service, such as HTTP(S), SSH, SMTP, dat abase connections. In the case of HTTP balanc- ing, XR handles multiple host balancing, and can provide session stickiness for back end processes that need sessions, but aren't session- awa re of other back ends. XR furthermore features a management web interface and can be run as a stand-alone daemon, or via inetd. Execute 'xr -h' to get a complete list of available command-line parameters. EXAMPLE
xr --verbose --server tcp:0:80 --backend 10.1.1.1:80 --backend 10.1.1.2:80 --backend 10.1.1. 3:80 --web-interface 0:8001 This instructs XR to listen to port 80 and to dispatch traffic to the servers 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2 and 10.1.1.2, port 80. A web interface for the balancer is started on port 8001. Direct your browser to the server running XR. You will see the pages served by one of the three back ends. The console where XR is started, will show what's going on (due to the presence of --verbose). Direct your browser to the server running XR, but port 8001. You will see the web interface, which shows the status, and where you can alter some settings. SEE ALSO
xrctl(1) AUTHOR
XR was written by Karel Kubat <karel@kubat.nl>. Web page: http://crossroads.e-tunity.com This man page was written by Frederik Dannemare <frederik@dannemare.net>. Crossroads Nov 6, 2008 XR(1)