Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Suggestion for System Monitoring Tool Post 302996626 by drl on Friday 28th of April 2017 11:16:23 AM
Old 04-28-2017
Hi.

For lists of simple tools Google search for:
compare system monitoring linux OR unix
yielding 20M+ hits.

For a comparison of more complex tools:
Comparison of network monitoring systems - Wikipedia

which would include facilities like cacti, nagios, etc.

A useful read might be Network monitoring - Wikipedia

Good luck ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

squid monitoring tool

hello everybody how are u all. this is mine first post on such a great and big forum. and probably in a wrong section :confused: i need to know about any squid monitoring tool for *.nix. i will be very greatful for ur reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usman156
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring Tool

Hi guys, I have 8 Tru64 machines here and i want to monitor them. What open source tool i can use? Like i want to monitor the hard disk space,memory,connectivity etc. Before im using Nagios, is this applicable to UNIX? tnx. jeff (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferson
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Unix Monitoring tool

Hi all, Please let me know the most using, perfect unix monitoring tool and the link for downloading the tool. It should have network server monitoring on all aspect(working users, memory usage, working services, disk space etc). Thanks Rath (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshp
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Monitoring Tool - under preparing

Guy's AIX Monitoring Tool - under preparing ..... I'm working to make and prepare tool to monitor AIX system and my idea it's based on the following outputs I want command to give me shout outpous about the following ... CPU load Memory load Used load Number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Linux network monitoring tool

Hello, Please let me know the best and descriptive network monitoring tools available for a linux enviornment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitchnelson
3 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

what is the best free monitoring tool?

hello everybody, please could you tell me what is the best monitoring tool "Free" to monitoring sun servers in my DC. BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Tool suggestion for collection CPU/memory Stats

Hi, We have around 1000 server (Red Hat + Suse + Parallels + Solaris-9/10/11). Every month, we generate a report for all servers for CPU and Memory utilization in 'percentage used'. This report is generated from HP Openview and frequency is every file minutes. In HP OpenView, we are picking 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Recommendations on GRAPHICAL Monitoring Tool

Need assistance in finding a Graphical Monitoring tool open source for Centos , REDHAT linux which doesnt require "root" to compile the tool. Tool that does performance monitoring for Disk usage, CPU, Memory ,Network stats Need install and configure steps as well . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL Linux process activity monitoring tool from windows 7 system

I have 2 RHEL 5.9 system where customized applications are running. These 2 servers are with in a network (LAN) with each other.One application in say Server 1 can talk to another application in server 2 and vice versa. The applications are exchanging data among each other. Recently I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies
REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)					  redhat-upgrade-tool User Manual				    REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)

NAME
redhat-upgrade-tool - Red Hat Upgrade tool SYNOPSIS
redhat-upgrade-tool [OPTIONS] SOURCE DESCRIPTION
redhat-upgrade-tool is the Red Hat Upgrade tool. The redhat-upgrade-tool client runs on the system to be upgraded. It determines what packages are needed for upgrade and gathers them from the source(s) given. It also fetches and sets up the boot images needed to run the upgrade and sets up the system to perform the upgrade at next boot. The actual upgrade takes place when the system is rebooted, using the boot images set up by redhat-upgrade-tool. The upgrade initrd starts the existing system (mostly) as normal, lets it mount all the local filesystems, then starts the upgrade. When the upgrade finishes, it reboots the system into the newly-upgraded OS. OPTIONS
Optional arguments -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more info. -d, --debug Print lots of debugging info. --debuglog DEBUGLOG Write debugging output to the given file. Defaults to /var/log/redhat-upgrade-tool.log. --reboot Automatically reboot to start the upgrade when ready. SOURCE These options tell redhat-upgrade-tool where to look for the packages and boot images needed to run the upgrade. At least one of these options is required. --device [DEV] Device or mountpoint of mounted install media. If DEV is omitted, redhat-upgrade-tool will scan all currently-mounted removable devices (USB disks, optical media, etc.) --iso ISO Installation image file. --network VERSION Online repos matching VERSION (a number or "rawhide") Multiple sources may be used, if desired. Additional options for --network --enablerepo REPOID Enable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --disablerepo REPOID Disable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --addrepo REPOID=[@]URL Add the repo at URL. Prefix URL with @ to indicate that the URL is a mirrorlist. --instrepo REPOID Get upgrader boot images from the repo named REPOID. The repo must contain a valid .treeinfo file which points to the location of usable kernel and upgrade images. Cleanup commands --resetbootloader Remove any modifications made to bootloader configuration. --clean Clean up everything written by redhat-upgrade-tool. EXAMPLES
redhat-upgrade-tool --network 7.0 --instrepo <repo URL> Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 by downloading all needed packages and data from the specified repository. redhat-upgrade-tool --device --network 7.0 Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 using install media mounted somewhere on the system, fetching updates from the network if needed. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Cancelled by user, failure writing files to disk, or other unknown error 2 Failed to download/copy files from the given SOURCE 3 RPM upgrade transaction test failed BUGS
The --iso image must be on a filesystem listed in /etc/fstab. AUTHORS
Will Woods <wwoods@redhat.com> redhat-upgrade-tool 11/08/2013 REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)