Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Convert GMT date and time to CST Post 302996510 by mrn6430 on Thursday 27th of April 2017 02:25:32 AM
Old 04-27-2017
Getting this error:
Code:
Date: illegal option -- d
usage: date [-u] mmddHHMM[[cc]yy][.SS]
date [-u] [+format]
date -a [-]sss[.fff]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert GMT to Asia/Hong Kong time

hi friends, this is my first time with this type of script so please pardon my ignorance. i have this script in which a piece of code needs to be added which can have the Asia/Hong kong time as well. system date and format is GMT so no problem with GMT and even EST is covered..i have ato add new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date to unix time

Hi, I need to convert a date in the format yyyy-mm-dd to unix seconds, shell script or perl would be ok since there is no hour/second, we can assume 12am every day thanks in advance funksen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time to Date

Hi, I need to convert a number representing time in UTC seconds to a date. Ex: 3BE0082C --> Oct 31 2001 15:31:08 I have tried the following perl command but it gives a different answer? $ perl -e 'print scalar localtime(shift), "\n"' 3BE00B2C Thu Jan 1 03:00:03 1970 Any ideas? Thanks. :) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert date time to epoch time in solaris

Hi, Is there any easy way to convert date time(stored in shell variable ) to epoch time in solaris box? As +%s is working on linux but not on solaris, also -d option is not working. Any suggestion please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch time to Julian date

Need assistance in converting an epoch time to Julian date To get epoch perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(1,5,2,12,10,2008), "\n"' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Second Column Date Into EPOCH Time And Print Complete Row

Hello Team, I am stuck in getting the required output in the following case. Please help. My input file is aa|08/01/2016 bb|08/15/2016 I wish to convert the file into aa|epoch time bb|epoch time I am using following code: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Timestamp in text to Serial Date-Time

Hi, I have a data file where the timestamp is in the style of: 2016-10-11 07:01:23.375-500 which is yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss-000 then time conversion from UTC What i need to do is convert these timestamps from the above format to a the Serial Date format (i.e 42,654.2920446 ) now.. if... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshBax
14 Replies
NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::Util::DateTime - common date/time processing routines SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::Util::DateTime; print "Current date: " . date_now(); DESCRIPTION
This package provides set of routines for date and time processing. EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
date_now_array([TIME]) Returns array of date items for given date. If source date is not set current date used. date_now([TIME]) Return [given] date as string. 2001-12-23 14:39:53 date_now_iso8601([TIME]) Return date as ISO 8601 string. 20011223T14:39:53Z <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601> http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime <http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime> date_strip(DATE) Trim miliseconds from date. date_date(DATE) Trim time part from date. date_time(DATE) Trim date part from date. time_from_string($string) Return parsed date/time structure. date_from_string($string) Return date from string representation. date_inc([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return date incremented with given number of seconds. date_inc_string([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return string representation of date incremented with given number of seconds. EXAMPLES
None yet BUGS
Unknown yet SEE ALSO
Date::Parse, Date::Format TODO
Import stuff from Wono project AUTHOR
Valentyn Solomko <val@pere.org.ua> Michael Bochkaryov <misha@rattler.kiev.ua> perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)