Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Resolution Won't Change on Headless Linux Box? Post 302996472 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 26th of April 2017 02:45:58 PM
Old 04-26-2017
Are you missing terminal drivers or does it have a a graphics card?
Is SDB relevant or not?

SDB:Configuring graphics cards - openSUSE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

change CRT resolution

Hello I want change my CRT resolution from 1152x900x** to 1280x1024x75 on a Solaris platform but I try "/usr/sbin/m64config" and "/usr/sbin/ffbconfig" command, the both commands failed :-( In the /dev/fbs/ directory there is juste one file : cgsix0 have you got a solution to my customer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggenevrier
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to change display resolution

Hi, I would like to know how to change the display resolution in solaris on sparc. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to change CDE screen resolution?

I searched and found something about kdmconfig, but it's not installed. Isn't there an easy way to change the screen resolution in the CDE by right clicking or anything like that (like in Linux's KDE)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display resolution in UnixV4.0D

I would like to know how to change the display resolution in UnixV4.0D. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Avgust (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avgust
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot change my display to high resolution

Hi all, i am one of the newbies with linux. i just install the Enterprise AS on my ibm z60t. I am trying to change the color setting to hight resolution, unfortunately, it does not work. it works only with the 256 color setting. It seems the widescreen or the vga card of my notebook does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE Linux 9.0 resolution change

Hello, We have a Suse Linux 9.0 box at work and I need to change the video resolution on it. We have command line interface only. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing so? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

7. Debian

Change resolution problem

Hi gurus I have notebook with connected external monitor. output of my xrandr looks like Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2960 x 1050, maximum 2960 x 1050 VGA connected 1680x1050+1280+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 478mm x 300mm 1680x1050 60.0*+ 1280x1024 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Exceptions while running application on headless linux

I want to install executable file(Demo.bin) on vMA4.0 virtual machine using ssh. Same can be installed on all other Linux/Unix box. but when I am trying to run it on vMA,I am getting the following error-- Could you please advise me how to approch this problem and how to resolve it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

9. Linux

How to change screen Resolution?

Dear all I install Cent OS 5.5 ( Linux OS), with bshell and also Windows OS on the my laptop (ASUA) maximum screen resolution in Windows OS is 1024*760 but in Cent OS 5.5 is 800 *600, I have a program that is necessary to install on Cent OS and I have problem with other Linux distributions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
2 Replies

10. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies
gvid_no_claim_dev(5)						File Formats Manual					      gvid_no_claim_dev(5)

NAME
gvid_no_claim_dev - PCI Vendor/Device ID that the gvid graphics driver will not claim VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values Specific to the device you wish to prevent from claiming. DESCRIPTION
This tunable specifies the PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics device that the HP graphics driver should not claim. The graphics driver was designed to be a general purpose driver for all PCI graphics cards. As a result, the driver will attempt to claim any PCI graphics display device found on the system. This can be a problem for graphics device developers who need their own graphics driver to claim their own graphics device. The value of will specify a PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics card that the gvid graphics driver should not claim. It is a 32 bit number, with the upper 16 bits containing the PCI Vendor ID and the lower 16 bits containing the PCI Device ID. Either the Vendor ID or Device ID can use a wildcard value of For example, if is set to the value the driver will ignore graphics devices with a PCI Vendor ID of and a Device ID of If is set to the driver will not claim any graphics cards with a Vendor ID of regardless of the Device ID. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone who wishes the graphics driver to ignore a specific graphics device. This will typically be someone writing their own graphics driver for their own hardware. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters gvid_no_claim_dev(5)