Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Viewing a specific timeframe of a log file Post 302996420 by simpsa27 on Wednesday 26th of April 2017 05:14:03 AM
Old 04-26-2017
Hi RudiC

Thank you for your response

I am not quite I understand your first point, what do you mean by escaping it?

I tried removing off time for the grep but this still came back with nothing

Cheers
Alex

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing specific lines

hi, is there any command on viewing specific line number of a file? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakid
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a specific value from a Log file?

Hi, I have a .log file in which it has many values. But i need some specific values. How it can be done using Shell Script. Please explain in detail. Thankx in advance. Sathish D V. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooolthud
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print contents of any file within some timeframe

Hi, Is there anyway to print contents of any file ( say log files that grow automatically) within some timeframe ( comparing with current time), say print contents of the added in: 1) last 2 hr 2) last 45 min 3) last 3 hrs 47 min (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date within a timeframe 2 days ago

How could I using the following example, change it to show 2 days ago within the same time frame 0600 AM to 0600 AM let foo=`date "+(1%H-106)*60+1%M-100"` bar=foo+1440 find . -mmin +$foo -mmin -$bar | tr -s '/','-' '^' | cut -f2,3 -d"^" | tr -s '^' ' ' | Please use code tags (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Logging out idle users after a certain timeframe

We recently underwent a security audit and have a new requirement to not allow users to stay logged on overnight. In order to place this policy into effect i need a way to check for idle users and log them off. Is there any good way to enforce this policy in Solaris 10 and make it work in such a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with viewing the Log files

I have a file name as logfiles_tar.tgz. How can I view the contents of the log files present in logfiles_tar.tgz ? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking a specific value from a log file

Dear community, I've a file contaning some logs like: 185413.854: 185456.748: 185457.631: 185467.213: 185468.913: 185472.378: 185479.944: 185482.828: 185486.855: 185490.946: 185497.580: 185501.771: 185501.787: 185511.343: 185513.458: 3101902K(4089472K), 0.0117240 secs]... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Command to grep the service with in a timeframe

Guys, I am trying to use this command to find out the occurrence of the service "Loadservice" from the log file "log.06102010.svr1" in between the time frame 02:00:00 to 03:00:00 on the day 06-10-2010. sed -n '/2010-06-10 02:00:00/,/2010-06-10 03:00:00/p' | fgrep "Loadservice"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kriss.gv
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file starting from a specific time to the end of file

I have a log file which have a date and time at the start of every line. I need to search the log file starting from a specific time to the end of file. For example: Starting point: July 29 2018 21:00:00 End point : end of file My concern is what if the pattern of `July 29 2018 21:00:00`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
3 Replies
xfs_logprint(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_logprint(8)

NAME
xfs_logprint - print the log of an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_logprint [ options ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_logprint prints the log of an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The device argument is the pathname of the partition or logical volume con- taining the filesystem. The device can be a regular file if the -f option is used. The contents of the filesystem remain undisturbed. There are two major modes of operation in xfs_logprint. One mode is better for filesystem operation debugging. It is called the transactional view and is enabled through the -t option. The transactional view prints only the portion of the log that pertains to recovery. In other words, it prints out complete transactions between the tail and the head. This view tries to display each transaction without regard to how they are split across log records. The second mode starts printing out information from the beginning of the log. Some error blocks might print out in the beginning because the last log record usually overlaps the oldest log record. A message is printed when the physical end of the log is reached and when the logical end of the log is reached. A log record view is displayed one record at a time. Transactions that span log records may not be decoded fully. OPTIONS
-b Extract and print buffer information. Only used in transactional view. -c Attempt to continue when an error is detected. -C filename Copy the log from the filesystem to the file filename. The log itself is not printed. -d Dump the log from front to end, printing where each log record is located on disk. -D Do not decode anything; just print data. -e Exit when an error is found in the log. Normally, xfs_logprint tries to continue and unwind from bad logs. However, sometimes it just dies in bad ways. Using this option prevents core dumps. -f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs(8) -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file with xfs_copy(8). -l logdev External log device. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. -i Extract and print inode information. Only used in transactional view. -q Extract and print quota information. Only used in transactional view. -n Do not try and interpret log data; just interpret log header information. -o Also print buffer data in hex. Normally, buffer data is just decoded, so better information can be printed. -s start-block Override any notion of where to start printing. -t Print out the transactional view. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8). xfs_logprint(8)