Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux No space left on device while there is plenty of space available Post 302996274 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 23rd of April 2017 05:48:11 AM
Old 04-23-2017
On this filesystem display the recent files:
Code:
find / -xdev -mtime -30

Then you'll get an idea where to clean up.

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 04-23-2017 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: all file types

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no space left on device

This seems like it would be a common question, but I didn't find much that helped in a search... I have a script scheduled in my crontab that outputs to /dev/null ie: /dir/scripts/script1 > /dev/null I have recently started getting the error: cp /dir1/dir2/file.xls: No space left on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

3. Solaris

No space left on device

Hi all, A very strange problem I have this morning with my Solaris 8. I have a FS full, I deleted some files but the system doesn't seems to reallocate the free space (I'm using Veritas): df -k : /dev/vx/dsk/dlds02vg/dlds02oralv 4194304 4194304 0 100% /dlds02/lds/oracle ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

4. Solaris

No space left on device

We are using this function tmpfile() : FILE *tmpfp ; if ((tmpfp = tmpfile()) == NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "%s: ERROR: init_operator(): ", ROUTINE); perror("tmpfile()"); exit(ERR_OPEN); } and the above is raising error : MSMD0603: ERROR:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No space left on device

hello all, i have a proc binary that we run on unix environment, and it is generating this error '' tstfile(): No space left on device '' can you please assist on how to narrow down the problem? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbouk
4 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgadd: errno 28: No space left on device

Hi, During package install, am getting: WARNING: unable to write temp contents file </var/sadm/install/t.contents> (errno 28: No space left on device) I tried to delete some stuff under "/var" But I cannot locate who is occupying "/var" space. Because: # df -h /var/ Filesystem ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viki250
5 Replies

7. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Space left On Device

Hi, We are trying to sort the 40GB file in unix and getting following error. Error: sort: can't write /var/tmp/stmAAAvsaGfJ.00002929: No space left on device sort -t ',' -k4 $DIR/INF_ff_FULL.dat >>$DIR/Sort_INF_ff_FULL.dat; 2>$DIR/sort_error.log Can you please advise how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Jenkins -- No space left on device

I am running a build on Jenkins and I get: No space left on device But when I do df, I get: Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/ROOT 19249724 18267492 4380 100% / udev 1457152 4 1457148 1% /dev tmpfs ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgffgs
4 Replies

10. Linux

No space left on device when using rm

Hello people I have a small fileserver running busybox (very small linux distro with most essential stuff on it) and I am trying to remove some unused directories on it. When I try this: rm -R test/I get: rm: cannot remove 'test': No space left on devicedf shows: Filesystem ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GTCG
8 Replies
TRAYER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TRAYER(1)

NAME
trayer - a lightweight GTK2-based systray for UNIX desktop SYNOPSIS
trayer -h trayer -v trayer [--edge left|right|top|bottom|none] [--align left|right|center] [--margin <size>] [--widthtype request|pixel|percent ] [--width <size>] [--heighttype <pixel>] [--height <size>] [--SetDockType true|false] [--SetPartialStrut true|false] [--transparent true|false] [--alpha <value>] [--tint <color>] [--distance <length>] [--distancefrom left|right|top|bottom|none] [--expand true|false] [--padding <size>] DESCRIPTION
trayer is a small program designed to provide system tray similar to these in GNOME / KDE desktop environments for window managers which does not support that function. It is similar to other applications such as peksystray and docker. System tray is a place, where many applications put their icons, so they are always visible. Such icons may present status of an applica- tion and allow user to control the program. trayer's code was extracted from fbpanel application, you can find more about it on its homepage: http://fbpanel.sourceforge.net/. OPTIONS
This programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help -h Show summary of options and exit. --version -v Show version of program and exit. --edge left|right|top|bottom|none Specifies a screen edge to use. --align left|center|right Specifies an align of the icons. --margin <size> Specifies length of margin (in pixels) --widthtype request|pixel|percent Specifies method of calculating trayer's window width: request Follow application icons' size, so trayer may shrink or expand dynamically. pixel Set a fixed size, given with --width option in pixels. percent Set a fixed size, given with --width option in percentage of a length of screen edge. --width <size> Width of trayer's window. Ignored when --widthtype is set to request. --heighttype request|pixel|percent Specifies method of calculating trayer's window height: request Follow application icons' size, so trayer may shrink or expand dynamically. pixel Set a fixed size, given with --height option in pixels. percent Set a fixed size, given with --height option in percentage of a length of screen edge. --height <size> Height of trayer's window. Ignored when --heighttype is set to request. --SetDockType true|false Identify panel window type as dock. --SetPartialStrut true|false Reserve panel space so that it will not be covered by maximized windows. --transparent true|false Use transparency. --alpha <value> Percentage of transparency (0 - nontransparent, 255 - fully transparent) --tint <color> Color used to tint transparent background. Color is given as a 24-bit C hexadecimal integer, for example: 0xff0000 is red, 0xff8800 is orange and 0x00ff00 is green. --distance <length> Specifies distance between trayer's window and screen edge (in pixels) --distancefrom <edge> Specifies which edge to calculate distance from, see above. --expand true|false Specifies whether trayer may accommodate extra space when there is too much icons. --padding <size> Extra space between icons and trayer window's border. --monitor NUM|STRING Define the monitor on which you like trayer to appear, number of zero to number of monitors minus one, or the string "primary" are valid. The default value is 0. SEE ALSO
fbpanel(1) AUTHORS
Anatoly Asviyan <aanatoly@users.sf.net> - fbpanel Rafal Bisingier <ravbc@man.poznan.pl> Maciej Delmanowski <harnir@users.berlios.de> Grzegorz Nieweglowski <hoppke@dobremiasto.net> Thomas Rydzynski This manual page was written by Tomasz Melcer <liori@interia.pl>. FVWM-Crystal Feb 14, 2005 TRAYER(1)