Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux router help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux router help needed Post 302996202 by Corona688 on Friday 21st of April 2017 11:32:35 AM
Old 04-21-2017
Depends a lot on the drivers available and when they get loaded in the boot procedure. It's the exact same risk for the exact same reason anyway - the slightest mistake will brick it.

There's presumably a sane way to update it but we don't know what it is, being we don't know what distrubution it is. "Linux" is just the name of the 3 megabyte file which loads when you turn it on, everything else is down to the distro. Check for a file like /etc/release which states what it is

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies
URTWNFW(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						URTWNFW(4)

NAME
urtwnfw -- Firmware Module for Realtek Wireless driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this module into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device urtwnfw This will include three firmware images inside the kernel. If you want to pick only the firmware image for your network adapter choose one of the following: device urtwn-rtl8192cfwT device urtwn-rtl8192cfwU device urtwn-rtl8188eufw Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): urtwn-rtl8192cfwT_load="YES" urtwn-rtl8192cfwU_load="YES" urtwn-rtl8188eufw_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This module provides access to firmware sets for the Realtek RTL8188CUS, RTL8188CE-VAU, RTL8188EUS, RTL8188RU and RTL8192CU chip based USB WiFi adapters. It may be statically linked into the kernel, or loaded as a module. For the loaded firmware to be enabled for use the license at /usr/share/doc/legal/realtek must be agreed to by adding the following line to loader.conf(5): legal.realtek.license_ack=1 FILES
/usr/share/doc/legal/realtek urtwnfw firmware license SEE ALSO
urtwn(4), firmware(9) BSD
April 25, 2014 BSD