Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux router help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux router help needed Post 302996155 by Corona688 on Thursday 20th of April 2017 11:15:16 AM
Old 04-20-2017
Oh, now I see.

Code:
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)

You aren't going to be able to write to this. It's an unwritable compressed filesystem which is stuck the way it's made.

You'll have to copy it elsewhere, extract it all, edit it, and create a new squashfs to replace it with.

If you don't get it exactly, perfectly right, things may go badly. I suggest finding newer firmware instead of hand-editing things yourself.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies
I2M19058(1)							     GNU Info							       I2M19058(1)

NAME
ift-extract.info - ift-extract.info Built-in iSight firmware extractor and patcher ift-extract extract the Built-in iSight firmware from Apple driver and patch it to avoid some bugs in it. The firmware is then ready to get loaded into the chip using ift-load. * Menu: Finding the Apple driver: see "Driver" Command line options: see "Options" See also "Copying" 1 Finding the Apple driver ift-extract extract Built-in iSight firmware from Apple iSight driver. This driver is located at /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleUSBVideoSupport on your Mac OS X root partition. There is several version of this driver depending on driver version or host architecture (PowerPC or x86). Thus, ift-extract must determine know the variant of the driver in order to properly extract the firmware. Any AppleUSBVideoSupport file starting with those shipped with iMac G5 iSight must work. If not, please report unknown AppleUSBVideoSupport at bugreport mail address with machine type and OS X version. 2 Command line options `-a' `--apple-driver' Apple driver filename where to extract the firmware. `-d' `--output-directory' The directory where to output the firmware. Defaults to /lib/firmware. `-f' `--output-filename' The output firmware name. Defaults to isight.fw `-?' `--help' Shows option help and quit. Since ift-extract defaults to output the firmware to /lib/firmware/isight.fw, ensure you have the right to do so. 3 Copying isight-firmware-tools is a project developped by A~Xtienne Bersac based on the work of Ronald S. Bultje, Johannes Berg and Ivan N. Zlatev. This manual has been written by A~Xtienne Bersac. Copyright (C) 2007 A~Xtienne Bersac <bersace@gmail.com> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-09 I2M19058(1)