Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users One user to su to another without allowing root access and password Post 302996083 by pokhraj_d on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 02:14:39 PM
Old 04-18-2017
Hello ,
Can you please elaborate the concepts please..

Thanks-
Pokhraj Das

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Allowing access to ports < 1024 w/o root

I need to set up an application to run in a script which will be running as a web server but is a database. I need to allow users to use the web server but the app must be run as root in order for the ports to be accessible. This is not a very secure environment would like to know how this could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

user commands without root access

Hi I have been asked to find out how to 1) create users 2) reset passwords 3) kill processes that may require root privileges without having root password, sudo rights or rights to passwd command Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change other account password from root access

Hi, I have forgotten my personal account password but I still have the root access to the box. Please tell me how can I change my other account password by logging as root. Thanks. Rakesh :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
4 Replies

5. Solaris

I can not access root user through LAN

Dear i have installed Solaris 10 on SUN V240 after installation i can not access system through root user if i access system through any other user it conects but root is not connecting through LAN if i connect through SC and then access root though cosole -f command it also works kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan225
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Root access that can't change root password?

We are having a little problem on a server. We want that some users should be able to do e.g. sudo and become root, but with the restriction that the user can't change root password. That is, a guarantee that we still can login to that server and become root no matter of what the other users will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Giving password reset access to non-root user, in LDAP

Hi, We have two LDAP servers. Whenever we get a ticket to reset the password, we login to LDAP primary server and reset the password. For below example, I logged into primary LDAP server and resetting password to john to Welcome123# We are giving this work to tier-1 team, so that they can reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
Bio::Das::SegmentI(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Bio::Das::SegmentI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Das::SegmentI - DAS-style access to a feature database SYNOPSIS
# Get a Bio::Das::SegmentI object from a Bio::DasI database... $segment = $das->segment(-name=>'Landmark', -start=>$start, -end => $end); @features = $segment->overlapping_features(-type=>['type1','type2']); # each feature is a Bio::SeqFeatureI-compliant object @features = $segment->contained_features(-type=>['type1','type2']); @features = $segment->contained_in(-type=>['type1','type2']); $stream = $segment->get_feature_stream(-type=>['type1','type2','type3']; while (my $feature = $stream->next_seq) { # do something with feature } $count = $segment->features_callback(-type=>['type1','type2','type3'], -callback => sub { ... { } ); DESCRIPTION
Bio::Das::SegmentI is a simplified alternative interface to sequence annotation databases used by the distributed annotation system. In this scheme, the genome is represented as a series of landmarks. Each Bio::Das::SegmentI object ("segment") corresponds to a genomic region defined by a landmark and a start and end position relative to that landmark. A segment is created using the Bio::DasI segment() method. Features can be filtered by the following attributes: 1) their location relative to the segment (whether overlapping, contained within, or completely containing) 2) their type 3) other attributes using tag/value semantics Access to the feature list uses three distinct APIs: 1) fetching entire list of features at a time 2) fetching an iterator across features 3) a callback FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bio.perl.org Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Lincoln Stein Email lstein@cshl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ seq_id Title : seq_id Usage : $ref = $s->seq_id Function: return the ID of the landmark Returns : a string Args : none Status : Public display_name Title : seq_name Usage : $ref = $s->seq_name Function: return the human-readable name for the landmark Returns : a string Args : none Status : Public This defaults to the same as seq_id. start Title : start Usage : $s->start Function: start of segment Returns : integer Args : none Status : Public This is a read-only accessor for the start of the segment. Alias to low() for Gadfly compatibility. end Title : end Usage : $s->end Function: end of segment Returns : integer Args : none Status : Public This is a read-only accessor for the end of the segment. Alias to high() for Gadfly compatibility. length Title : length Usage : $s->length Function: length of segment Returns : integer Args : none Status : Public Returns the length of the segment. Always a positive number. seq Title : seq Usage : $s->seq Function: get the sequence string for this segment Returns : a string Args : none Status : Public Returns the sequence for this segment as a simple string. ref Title : ref Usage : $ref = $s->ref([$newlandmark]) Function: get/set the reference landmark for addressing Returns : a string Args : none Status : Public This method is used to examine/change the reference landmark used to establish the coordinate system. By default, the landmark cannot be changed and therefore this has the same effect as seq_id(). The new landmark might be an ID, or another Das::SegmentI object. absolute Title : absolute Usage : $s->absolute([$new_value]) Function: get/set absolute addressing mode Returns : flag Args : new flag (optional) Status : Public Turn on and off absolute-addressing mode. In absolute addressing mode, coordinates are relative to some underlying "top level" coordinate system (such as a chromosome). ref() returns the identity of the top level landmark, and start() and end() return locations relative to that landmark. In relative addressing mode, coordinates are relative to the landmark sequence specified at the time of segment creation or later modified by the ref() method. The default is to return false and to do nothing in response to attempts to set absolute addressing mode. features Title : features Usage : @features = $s->features(@args) Function: get features that overlap this segment Returns : a list of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects Args : see below Status : Public This method will find all features that intersect the segment in a variety of ways and return a list of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects. The feature locations will use coordinates relative to the reference sequence in effect at the time that features() was called. The returned list can be limited to certain types, attributes or range intersection modes. Types of range intersection are one of: "overlaps" the default "contains" return features completely contained within the segment "contained_in" return features that completely contain the segment Two types of argument lists are accepted. In the positional argument form, the arguments are treated as a list of feature types. In the named parameter form, the arguments are a series of -name=>value pairs. Argument Description -------- ------------ -types An array reference to type names in the format "method:source" -attributes A hashref containing a set of attributes to match -rangetype One of "overlaps", "contains", or "contained_in". -iterator Return an iterator across the features. -callback A callback to invoke on each feature The -attributes argument is a hashref containing one or more attributes to match against: -attributes => { Gene => 'abc-1', Note => 'confirmed' } Attribute matching is simple string matching, and multiple attributes are ANDed together. More complex filtering can be performed using the -callback option (see below). If -iterator is true, then the method returns an object reference that implements the next_seq() method. Each call to next_seq() returns a new Bio::SeqFeatureI object. If -callback is passed a code reference, the code reference will be invoked on each feature returned. The code will be passed two arguments consisting of the current feature and the segment object itself, and must return a true value. If the code returns a false value, feature retrieval will be aborted. -callback and -iterator are mutually exclusive options. If -iterator is defined, then -callback is ignored. NOTE: the following methods all build on top of features(), and do not need to be explicitly implemented. overlapping_features() contained_features() contained_in() get_feature_stream() overlapping_features Title : overlapping_features Usage : @features = $s->overlapping_features(@args) Function: get features that overlap this segment Returns : a list of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects Args : see below Status : Public This method is identical to features() except that it defaults to finding overlapping features. contained_features Title : contained_features Usage : @features = $s->contained_features(@args) Function: get features that are contained in this segment Returns : a list of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects Args : see below Status : Public This method is identical to features() except that it defaults to a range type of 'contained'. contained_in Title : contained_in Usage : @features = $s->contained_in(@args) Function: get features that contain this segment Returns : a list of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects Args : see below Status : Public This method is identical to features() except that it defaults to a range type of 'contained_in'. get_feature_stream Title : get_feature_stream Usage : $iterator = $s->get_feature_stream(@args) Function: get an iterator across the segment Returns : an object that implements next_seq() Args : see below Status : Public This method is identical to features() except that it always generates an iterator. NOTE: This is defined in the interface in terms of features(). You do not have to implement it. factory Title : factory Usage : $factory = $s->factory Function: return the segment factory Returns : a Bio::DasI object Args : see below Status : Public This method returns a Bio::DasI object that can be used to fetch more segments. This is typically the Bio::DasI object from which the segment was originally generated. primary_tag Title : primary_tag Usage : $tag = $s->primary_tag Function: identifies the segment as type "DasSegment" Returns : a string named "DasSegment" Args : none Status : Public, but see below This method provides Bio::Das::Segment objects with a primary_tag() field that identifies them as being of type "DasSegment". This allows the Bio::Graphics engine to render segments just like a feature in order nis way useful. This does not need to be implemented. It is defined by the interface. strand Title : strand Usage : $strand = $s->strand Function: identifies the segment strand as 0 Returns : the number 0 Args : none Status : Public, but see below This method provides Bio::Das::Segment objects with a strand() field that identifies it as being strandless. This allows the Bio::Graphics engine to render segments just like a feature in order nis way useful. This does not need to be implemented. It is defined by the interface. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Das::SegmentI(3pm)