Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH is failing due to unknown reason Post 302996054 by stomp on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 09:35:29 AM
Old 04-18-2017
Do you have a debug log from the ssh-server too?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - rm failing

Hi, Please help me... I am creating a string of filenames with absolute path and deleting those files situated in the remote server using ssh .. but it doesnot work.. Can anyone help me... here is my code for FileName in ${myDire} do Tmp=`basename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition failing in a SSH script

Hi, I'm ssh-in to a remote machine (ubuntu) and trying to execute a little script in there.The script looks like this: ssh user@ubuntu <<EOF cd ~/test ls -l echo "Continue counting files starting with a`s ?" read answer if then ls -l a* else exit fi EOF Now everything works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubionis
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to file failing (maybe due to lock?)

Driver script kicks off supporter scripts in background. The supporter script writes it's own PID ($$) into a status file. When script completes, deletes the PID from the status file. The driver script constantly polls this status file for number of lines. As and when it's get lower than XX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baivab
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dropping Records for unknown reason in awk script

Hi, I have written the following it is pretty sloppy but I don't see any reason why I should be losing 54 records from a 3.5 million line file after using it. What I am doing: I have a 3.5 million record file with about 80,000 records need a correction. They are missing the last data from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i avoid system hang due to ssh in script?

I have a script that collects data from about 200 servers using 'ssh'. The problem is that, process sometime hangs at some point stopping the execution of the script. Please give me some idea how can I force the execution to jump to the next step if there arises any problem !! Thanks for replies if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdangol
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script abruptly ending due to ssh command

Below UNIX script abruptly ends while reading second line from file. When I comment 'ssh' command the script works as expected. I think I will have to run ssh command in a different process, but haven't got a handle yet as regards to how to do that. Any help in resolving this problem is highly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeeteshkc
1 Replies

7. Solaris

zip -r <directory> failing due to 2GB limit - Just asking opinion

Hi, Am trying to run zip -r on a 2.4G directory and it is failing with the error below. I believe this is because of the 2G limit of the zip program. server101(oper01)/u01/temp$: date Thu Mar 15 12:53:44 NZDT 2012 server101(oper01)/u01/temp$: ls -l total 8 drwxr-x--x 4 oracle dba ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix script seems to be momentarily creating child process for unknown reason

Hi, I have a unix script that basically has a while loop inside which it checks Oracle database for certain records. If it finds the records, it does some processing and then goes back to the while loop. If it doesnot find any matching records, then it sleeps for 30 seconds and then goes back to... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh failing due to Bad owner error

i am logged in with "user1" on host1. I m trying to ssh to host2 using user id "user2" $ ssh user2@host2 Bad owner or permissions on /home/user1/.ssh/config Question 1: Can you please tell me why am i getting the Bad owner permissions error on that directory ? Question 2: Where is it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh fails due to argument position.

I have a constraint to follow organization policy. So i do not have much liberty. ssh -i /opt/nonprod user1@hostone -t bash works while ssh -i /opt/nonprod -t bash user1@hostone fails How can I get this to work when I am enforced to put -t bash before the user@hostname ? Will share debug... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
GNOME-SSH-ASKPASS(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GNOME-SSH-ASKPASS(1)

NAME
gnome-ssh-askpass - prompts a user for a passphrase using GNOME SYNOPSIS
gnome-ssh-askpass DESCRIPTION
gnome-ssh-askpass is a GNOME-based passphrase dialog for use with OpenSSH. It is intended to be called by the ssh-add(1) program and not invoked directly. It allows ssh-add(1) to obtain a passphrase from a user, even if not connected to a terminal (assuming that an X display is available). This happens automatically in the case where ssh-add is invoked from one's ~/.xsession or as one of the GNOME startup pro- grams, for example. In order to be called automatically by ssh-add, gnome-ssh-askpass should be installed as /usr/bin/ssh-askpass. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are recognized: GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_SERVER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the X server before asking for a passphrase. GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_POINTER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the mouse pointer using gdk_pointer_grab() before asking for a passphrase. Regardless of whether either of these environment variables is set, gnome-ssh-askpass will grab the keyboard using gdk_keyboard_grab(). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). It was based on that for x11-ssh-askpass by Philip Hands. GNOME-SSH-ASKPASS(1)