Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create Pool
Operating Systems Solaris Create Pool Post 302996039 by flexihopper18 on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 03:24:57 AM
Old 04-18-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
If that is what you want to do, yes you can do that. Still, is a raid5 a good performance/safety decision?
Hi Sir,

Raid5 was suggested by our sysad since it was the common used in our windows server. In my understanding, its safe, unless two disk got damage.

Any suggestion Sir?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection pool

Hi; Can someone please explain how do connections differ from threads? or a link to a good site about connection pooling and how threads are utilized by the OS. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

project vs pool vs use

hi, i am looking for a tool to see how many CPUs, controlled by FSS inside a pool, a project used over some time.... i have a 20k with several zones inside some pools. the cpu-sets/pools are configured with FSS and the zones with different shares. Inside the zones, i use projects with FSS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

zfs - migrate from pool to pool

Here are the details. cnjr-opennms>root$ zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT openpool 20.6G 46.3G 35.5K /openpool openpool/ROOT 15.4G 46.3G 18K legacy openpool/ROOT/rds 15.4G 46.3G 15.3G / openpool/ROOT/rds/var 102M ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS pool question

I created a pool the other day. I created a 10 gig files just for a test, then deleted it. I proceeded to create a few files systems. But for some reason the pool shows 10% full, but the files systems are both at 1%? Both files systems share the same pool. When I ls -al the pool I just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
6 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs pool migration

I need to migrate an existing raidz pool to a new raidz pool with larger disks. I need the mount points and attributes to migrate as well. What is the best procedure to accomplish this. The current pool is 6x36GB disks 202GB capacity and I am migrating to 5x 72GB disks 340GB capacity. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jac
2 Replies

6. Solaris

not able to use pool

i have this pool1 on my sun4u sparc machine bash-3.00# zpool get all pool1 NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE pool1 size 292G - pool1 used 76.5K - pool1 available 292G - pool1 capacity 0% -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Do I need a pool before I can mirror my disks?

Hi! I would also like to know if I need first to create a pool before I can mirror my disks inside that pool. My first disk is c7t0d0s0 and my second disk is c7t2d0s0 as seen in the figure below. I would create a pool named rpool1 for this 2 disks. # zpool create rpool1 c7t0d0p0 c7t2d0p0 ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarlosP
18 Replies

8. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool with 3 2-way mirrors in a pool

I have a single zpool with 3 2-way mirrors ( 3 x 2 way vdevs) it has a degraded disk in mirror-2, I know I can suffer a single drive failure, but looking at this how many drive failures can this suffer before it is no good? On the face of it, I thought that I could lose a further 2 drives in each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishface
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Beadm create -p on another pool - making sense of it

Hi all, I am trying out Solaris 11.3 Realize the option of -p when using beadm that i can actually create another boot environment on another pool. root@Unicorn6:~# beadm create -p mypool solaris-1 root@Unicorn6:~# beadm list -a BE/Dataset/Snapshot Flags... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)