Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Why eth1 with auto dhcp disturbs pppoe over eth0? Post 302995988 by adrhc on Sunday 16th of April 2017 06:15:34 PM
Old 04-16-2017
Thank you and I consider this thread SOLVED.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 is N/A

when i finish installed rhel 4.4 to my hp dl585 box, ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 is not available.when i ifconfig -a,i can not see the eth0 and eth1, only lo0 and si0. Unlike to the other server i found eth0 and eth1 files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. what will i do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

controlling traffic source from NIC eth0, eth1 in Linux

Hi Guys, is there a way to send traffic coming from the source iface (eth0, eth1)? i need to test traffic that will come from both eth0 and eth1 from a Linux box. Thanks, Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Reg- eth0,eth1 (ethernet card)

Hi Guys, I am working as a L-1 support and i want to know that are the precaution need to take on eth0(Ethernet card) i heard on production server it is very much important, what are the steps need to observe on this tickets. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP problem and eth1 problem

At work I am trying to get this one Linux machine (let's call it ctesgm07) to behave like another Linux machine that we have (let's call it test007). test007 returns the following version info: cat /etc/debian_version: lenny/sid uname -a: Linux test007 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Tue Nov 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubunut iptable not routing trafic between eth1 and eth0

hello, first of all i am new to unix so maybe my problem is very easy for many of you but is very important to me. So the idea is that i want to use a ubuntu 10.4 machine as a router from eth0 to eth1. but the traffic routing is nor working properly i configured the 2 interfaces to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: florin.bv
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Wan on eth1 and Lan on eth0

I have a local network on dev eth0 Server has static IP of 10.0.0.1 Gateway is 10.0.0.1 and Dns is 10.0.0.1 I am using this network for imaging 500 plus computer... Now, Issue that I am having is that I need to update packages and I dont want to change the configuration on eth0 because I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: golpemortal
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Dual NICs - When I 'ifup eth1' it replaces eth0

I've got an issue with a VMWare server running RHEL 6.3 that has dual E1000 NICs. I have configured the cards as I would normally do in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts as ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1. I can execute ifup eth0 and bring the interface up quite happily, however when I execute ifup eth1 it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaedrus
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Get DHCP relay interfaces IP address using DHCP

Hi All , please view the set up below: ------------------------------------------------------------------- | DHCP Server |-----------| ROUTER & |-----------| Clients | | 192.168.99.1 | - -<eth1>| DHCP-RELAY|<eth2>-- | 192.168.88.X | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdangoor
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh disturbs while loop

Hi all, I have observed that ssh exits while loop. #!/bin/ksh typeset -i i typeset -i size set -A server = " " "SERVER1" "SERVER2" i=2 while ] do while read in_module do print $in_module size=`ssh ${server} ls -l $in_module 2>/dev/null | awk '{print $5}'` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
3 Replies
PPPOE-STOP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     PPPOE-STOP(8)

NAME
pppoe-stop - Shell script to shut down a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-stop [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-stop is a shell script which stops the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit config_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. AUTHOR
pppoe-stop was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-STOP(8)