Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a shared folder using acl Post 302995982 by jcdole on Sunday 16th of April 2017 02:35:32 PM
Old 04-16-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Try using the sticky bit, like the way the /tmp directory is set up.
Apply the stick bit to all directories, and set ownership of them to publicuser.
acl's will work but are complex as you found.

Example:
Code:
chown -R publicuser:publicuser $A_PUB_FOLDER
chmod 1770 $( find $A_PUB_FOLDER -type d )

1. chmod 1770 seems not to be sufficient
    1. ==> Folder not accessible
    2. files belongs to user_name:users ( users is universal group for all users ) not to 'user_name:publicuser'

2. Changing to chmod 3770 seems not fully sufficient
    1. files belongs to 'user_name:publicuser' ==> OK
    2. But user can edit files only with vi in a terminal session not with kate ( gui ).

ImageError : SUSE Paste

see full logs : SUSE Paste

Any help is welcome

---------- Post updated at 18:28 ---------- Previous update was at 18:05 ----------

Forget previous thread

I think user cannot write because the files have effective mask : r-- on files.

Code:
user_test2@MY-SERVER-LINUX:~> getfacl /d_pub_folder/user_test1
getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1
# owner: publicuser
# group: publicuser
# flags: -st
user::rwx
group::---
group:publicuser:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:group::---
default:group:publicuser:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

user_test2@MY-SERVER-LINUX:~> getfacl /d_pub_folder/user_test1/test_creation_user_test1_01.txt
# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1/test_creation_user_test1_01.txt
# owner: user_test1
user::rw-
group:publicuser:rwx            #effective:r--
mask::r--
other::r--

user_test2@MY-SERVER-LINUX:~>

After logout and log in again, It is not possible to edit files that you don't own yourself with vi or kate.
I suppose because the effective mask is r--

Any help is welcome

---------- Post updated at 18:50 ---------- Previous update was at 18:28 ----------

I have read that it is possible to define a mask.
I have a try and give news.

---------- Post updated at 20:35 ---------- Previous update was at 18:50 ----------

Have set mask
Code:
    setfacl -R -m u::rwx $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set  user to rwx
    setfacl -R -m g::--- $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set group to ---
    setfacl -R -m o::--- $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set other to ---
    setfacl -R -m g:publicuser:rwx /$A_PUB_FOLDER  #//set group publicuser to rwx
    # Set default
    setfacl -R -d -m u::rwx $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set user  rwx default
    setfacl -R -d -m o::--- $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set other --- default
    setfacl -R -d -m g::--- $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set group --- default
    setfacl -R -d -m g:publicuser:rwx /$A_PUB_FOLDER  #//set group publicuser to rwx default
    # set mask
    setfacl -R -m m::rwx $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set  mask to rwx
    setfacl -R -d m::rwx $A_PUB_FOLDER   #//set  mask to rwx default
    #

Nothing new.
OK ==> user not in group publicuser cannot access folders owned by publicuser.
OK ==> user in group publicuser can create/edit files they owned in any folders owned by publicuser.
bad ==> A user (belonging to publicuser) in it's own folder cannot edit files created by other users (belonging to group publicuser).
bad ==> until A user (belonging to publicuser)edit bor create a file, the file mask return to r--
Code:
user_test1@MY-SERVER-LINUX:~> getfacl /d_pub_folder/user_test1/*
# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1/new_file_01.txt

# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1/test_user_test1_01.txt
group:publicuser:rwx            #effective:rw-
mask::rw-

# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1/test_user_test2_02.txt
# owner: user_test2

# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1/test_user_test2_02.txt~

# file: d_pub_folder/user_test1/test_user_test2_03.txt

Last edited by rbatte1; 04-21-2017 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: Converted from textual numbered lists to formatted numbered lists with LIST=1 & LIST=a tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to create ACL

Hi, I generated a script that will create the list of dir/sub-dir and will allow to create the same on diff server. this is what i have done : #!/bin/ksh # Script to migrate the directory between the two servers. # Ver 0.1 # Author Krishna. D # c - create and e - extract directory if ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnadvn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

can folder shared with NFS (/usr/)

hello i wanted to ask you i try to setting: pc server name: A pc user name: B pc user name: C server A is opensuse 11.2 with kde 4.3.5 and last kernel so i create NFS server, i think.. folder (/usr is all softwares and library) because server A can share to PC A. because all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tunjin
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

mounting shared folder at boot

Hi All Everytime a reboot my machine "hostB" I have to mount a shared (with machine "hostA" ) NFS folder giving this command sudo mount hostA:/sharedFolder /sharedFolder How to use fstab in order to do this automatically? I should say hostA:/sharedFolder /sharedFolder ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set ACL automatically for new folder/objects

Hi, In our bank production environment - IBM AIX 5.3, we have a particular parent folder inside which an application creates temporary folders & files. These temp folders exist for the lifetime of the user session within the application and then get deleted automatically. Since these temp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksinbox
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

See shared folder

Hello, I want to list all shared folder in terminal in local. I haven't found the command for, i'm on bash in mac os x. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to connect the shared folder

Hello, I am using unix through cygwin application in my office machine and here i encounter a problem which i want copy certain big files from a shared folder shared folder--\\Parwvm000154\docs to my local machine c:/ I'm really honor if i clarified with the command. Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble setting up a shared folder

I'm trying to set up a folder in my home directory that will be shared with another user but for some reason it is not working this is what I've done, I have tried two different ways using ACL's and chown/chgrp etc I set up a group called say: sharedgroup and added both my user (john) and fred... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14952john
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL (POSIX and NFSv4) Support over NFS shared drives on different Unix platforms

Hello, I have a question regarding ACLs and their availability across different Unix platforms via NFS share. If I have an AIX/FreeBSD/Solaris/HP-UX client that has an nfs share from a different system mounted on it, will the ACLs on the nfs share be processed properly? My guess is that as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use programs in shared folder except ones in my home dir

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
0 Replies