Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to generate all combinations of group lists at the same time? Post 302995966 by RudiC on Sunday 16th of April 2017 06:33:44 AM
Old 04-16-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by nengcheng
Thanks for your advice, I understand what you mean. Frankly speaking, I majoring biology and need to analyze some datasets. If I used the scripts in my paper, maybe I could list your name as co-author or in the acknowledgement.
Thanks for the offer, but don't bother. We're here to offer help and learn together. And seeing someone, e.g. a biologist, improve her/his coding skills is one of the rewards we take away. This was the meaning of my remark, and certainly Don Cragun's as well.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combinations

Hello All, i have two files, one of the format A 123 B 124 C 234 D 345 And the other A 678 B 789 C 689 D 567 I would like to combine them into one file with three columns: A 123 678 B 124 789 C 234 689 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate array name at run time Korn shell

Hi, I am trying to define number of array based on constant derived during execution phase of a script. Here is what i am trying.. #First Part, Get LUN input from User lun_count=4 count=0 set -A my_lun while : do while ]; do read L?"Enter Lun "$count" Number:" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

4. AIX

Want to find the last access time for large group of files at one go

Dear All, I'm working as a DBA and dont have much knowledge at OS level commands.we have requirement that we need find the files which has been last accessed >= apr 2010and also access date <= apr 2010 for a large set of files.Do know some commands likeistat, ls -u.But can anyone provide me the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbanrb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make diff show differences one line at a time and not group them?

Is there a way to tell diff to show differences one line at a time and not to group them? For example, I have two files: file1: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff line 4 diff line 5 diff line 6 line 7 file2: line 1 line 2 line 3 diff. line 4 diff. line 5 diff. line 6 line 7 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmr11408
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Execution time reports using log files.

Hi Experts, I am having a requirement, where i need to generate a report of the execution time of all the processes. All the processes generate the log files in a log directory and I can get the execution time from the log files. like below is the log file. /home/vikas/log >ls -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_vikash
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

All possible combinations

Hi, I have an input file like this a b c d I want to print all possible combinations between these records in the following way aVSb aVSc aVSd bVSc bVSd cVSd VS indicates versus. All thoughts are appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

• Write a shell script that upon invocation shows the time and date and lists all the logged-in user

help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process 2 lists at the same time and move files.

I have this while loop, that works but is quite slow to process though. I'm hopping there might be a faster/better way to find what I'm looking for. I have 2 lists of numbers, and want to only find files where a file name has both values present. each list has about 100 values. while... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
10 Replies
PAPERCONFIG(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 					    PAPERCONFIG(8)

NAME
paperconfig - configure the system default paper size SYNOPSIS
paperconfig [ -v,--version ] [ -h,--help ] [ -p, --paper papername | --force ] DESCRIPTION
paperconfig sets the system (or default) paper to be used by tools using the papersize file. It can either ask interactively for the paper to use or be called non-interactively by scripts. When the paper size has been changed, paperconfig notifies other packages of the change by running the scripts in the /etc/libpaper.d directory. OPTIONS
-v,--version Print the version of paperconfig and exit. -h,--help Print help about usage and exit. -p, --paper papername Use papername if possible. If papername is not a valid paper, print an error message and exit. --force Force interactive selection of the system paper even if the actual paper is a valid one. ENVIRONMENT
PAPERCONF Full path to a file containing the paper size to use; this file will be rewritten with the system paper size. FILES
/etc/papersize Contains the name of the system-wide default paper size to be used if the PAPERSIZE variable is not set. /etc/libpaper.d Directory of scripts to run after the paper size has been changed. This package puts no scripts here, but other pack- ages may. AUTHOR
Yves Arrouye <arrouye@debian.org> SEE ALSO
paperconf(1) papersize(5) Debian/Linux 5 January 2005 PAPERCONFIG(8)