Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a column from excel using shell script in Linux environment Post 302995946 by RudiC on Saturday 15th of April 2017 02:03:05 PM
Old 04-15-2017
May I presume you want to do more than just read those columns? Mayhap reformat or calculate something, or at least output them? Then, a desired output, and,say, a preferred tool to achieve that were helpful to put together a proposal.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading data from excel using shell script

Hi all I am new to shell scripting. I need to write a shell script that reads each row of an USER_ID colume in a excel file. the excel has around 10000 rows of data. Can someone gives me some example or advice what's best way to do this thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading environment variable from awk script

Hi All, I am using SunSolaris machine. I need to get the value of environment variable from awk begin. Then use that value as the start number of a sequence and use that in my print statement. But it is not reading the value from environment variable. I have tried the following: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashas_d
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Split Data in one column into 2 column in Excel using DOS or VBScript

Hi I have some data in my Excel File.However all the data is in one single column.I want to split it into two columns. Current Data: 1,Hi Everyone,I am 7,New To Dos,And 17,VB Script,i could 110,have tried this thing 1800,in UNIX Desired Output CELL1|CELL 2 1 |Hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to format rows to column and export to excel

i need to write script to copy the txt file to excel. (data can be 2000+), data may not be in order ex: my name: abc age: 20 add: xyz DOB: 17-mar-2010 add1: adf add2: guioth my name: cat age: 35 DOB: 11-oct-2005 city: yeshjl add: opq DOB: 17-mar-2010 add1: atg add2: gth add3:ert ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjain
2 Replies

5. Programming

Excel reading on Linux using Java

Hi, I have a requirement where users will send excel(.xls) file to Linux Platform using ftp/sftp. After that the excel file needs to be read using java on linux and converted into csv. I am using jxl to parse the excel, but few character like £ are not getting parsed properly. If i open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_bt
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel from shell script

Is it possible to generate excel sheet from a shell script and rename the worksheet..? Thanks for your answer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu_1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert data into black column( Secound Column ) in excel (.XLSX) file using shell script?

Source Code of the original script is down below please run the script and try to solve this problem this is my data and I want it column wise 2019-03-20 13:00:00:000 2019-03-20 15:00:00:000 1 Operating System LAB 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a column of multiple files and paste into new excel file (next to column)?

I have data of an excel files as given below, file1 org1_1 1 1 2.5 100 org1_2 1 2 5.5 98 org1_3 1 3 7.2 88 file2 org2_1 1 1 2.5 100 org2_2 1 2 5.5 56 org2_3 1 3 7.2 70 I have multiple excel files as above shown. I have to copy column 1, column 4 and paste into a new excel file as... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
26 Replies
SQLFORMAT(1)							   User Commands						      SQLFORMAT(1)

NAME
sqlformat - reformat SQL SYNOPSIS
sqlformat [ OPTION ] ... [ FILE ] ... DESCRIPTION
The `sqlformat' command-line tool can be used to reformat SQL file according to specified options or prepare a snippet in in some program- ming language (only Python and PHP currently supported). Use "-" for FILE to read from stdin. OPTIONS
-i CHOICE|--identifiers=FORMAT Change case of identifiers. FORMAT is one of "upper", "lower", "capitalize". -k CHOICE|--keywords=FORMAT Change case of keywords. FORMAT is one of "upper", "lower", "capitalize". -l CHOICE|--language=LANG Output a snippet in programming language LANG. LANG can be "python", "php". -o FILE|--outfile=FILE Write output to FILE (defaults to stdout). -r|--reindent Reindent statements. --indent_width=INDENT_WIDTH Set indent width to INDENT_WIDTH. Default is 2 spaces. --strip-comments Remove comments. -h|--help Print a short help message and exit. All subsequent options are ignored. --verbose Verbose output. --version Print program's version number and exit. AUTHORS
This man page was written by Andriy Senkovych <jolly_roger@itblog.org.ua> python-sqlparse version: 0.1.2 December 2010 SQLFORMAT(1)