Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script Post 302995921 by Adfire on Friday 14th of April 2017 10:42:33 PM
Old 04-14-2017
Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution time in variable.Any leads would be helpful thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an SQL script inside a shell

How do I create a K Shell which would silently (without user input) logon to Oracle and run an SQL script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script inside expect script?

I have the code like this : shell script continues ... .... expect -c" spawn telnet $ip expect "login:" send \"$usrname\r\" expect "Password:" send \"$passwd\r\" expect "*\>" send \"$cmdstr\r\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run a python program on multiple entries in a file

Hello I am trying to run a python program using shell script, which takes a single argument from a file. This file has one entry per line : 1aaa 2bbb 3ccc 4ddd 5eee ... ... ... My shell script runs the program, only for the last entry : #!/bin/sh IFS=$'\n' for line in $(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run all the python scripts from particular directory

I have N number of python scripts which i am receiving from REST web server and i am saving them in /home/mandar/ . Now i want to write a script to run all the python scripts from this directory and monitor them every minute...if any process is dead or hung it should be restarted by this script. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar Nandale
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listen sharp time to run a command inside a script

Hello, Just wondered if there is any possibility to run a command at sharp time inside a script in linux. My question is not about crontab Example: #!/bin/bash cd /home/database for i in * do command 1 if time is 19:00, day is Monday then run command2 if time is 20:00, day is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to run in given time

Hi All, Would like to write a Script which will run between 11am to 3 pm and send the results to output.txt. Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies
IPCHECK(8)						  System Administration Utilities						IPCHECK(8)

NAME
ipcheck - dyndns.org client DESCRIPTION
Usage : ipcheck.py [options] Username Password Hostnames or ipcheck.py [options] --acctfile acct_info_file Options: -a address manually specify the address -r URL NAT router, use web IP detection -A text scan syslog for an IP after text (Unix only) -F filename guess the WAN IP from a firewall log -b backup mx option ON (default OFF) -c custom dns option (default dynamic) -d dir directory for data files (default current) -e script execute script after a successful update -f force update regardless of current state -g NAT router, let dyndns guess your IP (do not use this in a cronjob, try -r) -h print this help text --help print all available help text -i interface interface for local address (default ppp0) -j disable https -l log debugging text to ipcheck.log file --syslog log debugging text to syslog (Unix only) -m mxhost mx host (default NOCHG) -o set dyndns offline mode -p proxy bypass on port 8245 -q quiet mode (unless there is an error) -s static dns option (default dynamic) -t test run, do not send the update -v verbose mode -w wildcard mode ON (default OFF) --makedat create the ipcheck.dat file by dns lookup --devices print router options (Linksys, Netgear, etc) -n ip the router IP address on the internal lan For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Make sure you can write to the current directory for data files and that you always run from the same directory. The first time you run the script, you will be asked to run with the --makedat option in addition to any other options. This will create the data files for the hostnames and options your specify on the command line. You should only do this once. Subsequent runs should be made without the --make- dat option. For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Example 1: the external IP is on eth0 of the current machine python ipcheck.py -l -i eth0 username password hostnames Example 2: you are using the Linksys routing device python ipcheck.py -l -L linksyspassword username password hostnames Example 3: you want to use web based ip detection python ipcheck.py -l -r checkip.dyndns.org:8245 ... where ... is your dyndns username password and hostnames. Hostnames should be comma delimited if there are more than one. Debian GNU/Linux January 2012 IPCHECK(8)