Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OV Server on 11 - need to install agent? Post 302995825 by psychocandy on Thursday 13th of April 2017 09:23:19 AM
Old 04-13-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Maybe try Google?

'ovs-agent service logfile'

Worked for me..... lots of "clues".

One of the most important parts of any computing project is to know how to enable your logfiles, where those logfiles exist and to read them diligently.

I don't think I would ask the question "where are my logfiles?" to others ---- I would think it is very basic to find, manage and read the logfiles myself.

This is the very basic part for anyone working on a computer.
With no agent. SmilieSmilieSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can someone please tell me how to install a web server

i have about 6 computers in my lab that i want to install a server on. i dont want to have to individually install them. i want to install the server on one pc and have it available on the rest of the pcs. how can i do this? and by the way, all these pcs are using a Linux Redhat 7.2 operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. AIX

VIO server support and agent installation

Hi All, I have the following 2 questions: I can't seem to find which versions of VIOserver are supported by IBM. and if there are rule for installation of tooling (e.g. monitoring agents) on a VIOserver. thanx in advance >Raba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install Tripwire agent Solaris servers

Hi , Please help me to install Tripwire agent in one of my Solaris 5.9 server. I have a zipped copy of the agent file in my local drive. When trying to ftping the file from local drive to the server its showing error as " cannot copy the files" Please help me to solve this issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

4. AIX

Help me install Backup Exec (formerlly owned by Veritas) agent on AIX machine :(

Hi all. I hope someone could give me a hand on installing Backup Exec agent on AIX machine :( Agent: OS: AIX 5.3 Hostname: DB-HN-SRV02 IP: 10.1.4.64 Backup server: OS: Windows Server 2003 Hostname: backup-srv IP: 10.1.5.51 I download "Legacy Unix agent.tar", untar, then run file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
0 Replies

5. Solaris

boot server / install server

I have a compaq evo n400c. This computer has no cdrom or floppy drive. In order to boot from thumb drive i need to update bios. The only way to boot is network boot from my desktop. I am trying to follow a guide JumpStart Server Configuration ? Solaris 10 I am a bit confused at this steps. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kc2dws
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

I can`t install squid server

Hello, Kindly help me to install squid on Centos 6! have a look at the screen shot aand guide me. Thanks in advance for your kind help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX install and replicate to 5 server

Hi, I have to install 5 servers with same OS level and same packs, i wonder if there is an way to install 1 and then copy or clone the instalattion to the other 4? any suggetions? Rgs, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Agent Server Error

Hi All, Recently we got swapped IP between two server. Server A IP is xxxx and while Server B IP is yyyy. After swap IP the situation should be like this Server A IP is yyyy while Server B IP is xxxx. We use /etc/hosts to swap the IP an restart the both server at same time. Found abnormal error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Install Zabbix agent on Solaris 11

Hello all, I'm trying to set up a few Solaris servers in Zabbix. I did some googling and RTFMing and found there where two ways. 1. Download and install pre-compiled Zabbix agent from Zabbix or 2.To download and install from opencsw I downloading the pre-compiled Zabbix agent from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph919
10 Replies
FLUSH(8postfix) 														   FLUSH(8postfix)

NAME
flush - Postfix fast flush server SYNOPSIS
flush [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The flush(8) server maintains a record of deferred mail by destination. This information is used to improve the performance of the SMTP ETRN request, and of its command-line equivalent, "sendmail -qR" or "postqueue -f". This program expects to be run from the master(8) process manager. The record is implemented as a per-destination logfile with as contents the queue IDs of deferred mail. A logfile is append-only, and is truncated when delivery is requested for the corresponding destination. A destination is the part on the right-hand side of the right-most @ in an email address. Per-destination logfiles of deferred mail are maintained only for eligible destinations. The list of eligible destinations is specified with the fast_flush_domains configuration parameter, which defaults to $relay_domains. This server implements the following requests: add sitename queueid Inform the flush(8) server that the message with the specified queue ID is queued for the specified destination. send_site sitename Request delivery of mail that is queued for the specified destination. send_file queueid Request delivery of the specified deferred message. refresh Refresh non-empty per-destination logfiles that were not read in $fast_flush_refresh_time hours, by simulating send requests (see above) for the corresponding destinations. Delete empty per-destination logfiles that were not updated in $fast_flush_purge_time days. This request completes in the background. purge Do a refresh for all per-destination logfiles. SECURITY
The flush(8) server is not security-sensitive. It does not talk to the network, and it does not talk to local users. The fast flush server can run chrooted at fixed low privilege. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8). BUGS
Fast flush logfiles are truncated only after a "send" request, not when mail is actually delivered, and therefore can accumulate outdated or redundant data. In order to maintain sanity, "refresh" must be executed periodically. This can be automated with a suitable wakeup timer setting in the master.cf configuration file. Upon receipt of a request to deliver mail for an eligible destination, the flush(8) server requests delivery of all messages that are listed in that destination's logfile, regardless of the recipients of those messages. This is not an issue for mail that is sent to a relay_domains destination because such mail typically only has recipients in one domain. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
Changes to main.cf are picked up automatically as flush(8) processes run for only a limited amount of time. Use the command "postfix reload" to speed up a change. The text below provides only a parameter summary. See postconf(5) for more details including examples. config_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The default location of the Postfix main.cf and master.cf configuration files. daemon_timeout(18000s) How much time a Postfix daemon process may take to handle a request before it is terminated by a built-in watchdog timer. fast_flush_domains ($relay_domains) Optional list of destinations that are eligible for per-destination logfiles with mail that is queued to those destinations. fast_flush_refresh_time(12h) The time after which a non-empty but unread per-destination "fast flush" logfile needs to be refreshed. fast_flush_purge_time(7d) The time after which an empty per-destination "fast flush" logfile is deleted. ipc_timeout(3600s) The time limit for sending or receiving information over an internal communication channel. max_idle(100s) The maximum amount of time that an idle Postfix daemon process waits for an incoming connection before terminating voluntarily. max_use(100) The maximal number of incoming connections that a Postfix daemon process will service before terminating voluntarily. parent_domain_matches_subdomains (see 'postconf -d' output) What Postfix features match subdomains of "domain.tld" automatically, instead of requiring an explicit ".domain.tld" pattern. process_id (read-only) The process ID of a Postfix command or daemon process. process_name (read-only) The process name of a Postfix command or daemon process. queue_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The location of the Postfix top-level queue directory. syslog_facility (mail) The syslog facility of Postfix logging. syslog_name (see 'postconf -d' output) The mail system name that is prepended to the process name in syslog records, so that "smtpd" becomes, for example, "postfix/smtpd". FILES
/var/spool/postfix/flush, "fast flush" logfiles. SEE ALSO
smtpd(8), SMTP server qmgr(8), queue manager postconf(5), configuration parameters master(5), generic daemon options master(8), process manager syslogd(8), system logging README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. ETRN_README, Postfix ETRN howto LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. HISTORY
This service was introduced with Postfix version 1.0. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA FLUSH(8postfix)