Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OV Server on 11 - need to install agent? Post 302995813 by psychocandy on Thursday 13th of April 2017 04:09:11 AM
Old 04-13-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Please post logfile output.

Thanks.
Which logfile?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can someone please tell me how to install a web server

i have about 6 computers in my lab that i want to install a server on. i dont want to have to individually install them. i want to install the server on one pc and have it available on the rest of the pcs. how can i do this? and by the way, all these pcs are using a Linux Redhat 7.2 operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. AIX

VIO server support and agent installation

Hi All, I have the following 2 questions: I can't seem to find which versions of VIOserver are supported by IBM. and if there are rule for installation of tooling (e.g. monitoring agents) on a VIOserver. thanx in advance >Raba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install Tripwire agent Solaris servers

Hi , Please help me to install Tripwire agent in one of my Solaris 5.9 server. I have a zipped copy of the agent file in my local drive. When trying to ftping the file from local drive to the server its showing error as " cannot copy the files" Please help me to solve this issue. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

4. AIX

Help me install Backup Exec (formerlly owned by Veritas) agent on AIX machine :(

Hi all. I hope someone could give me a hand on installing Backup Exec agent on AIX machine :( Agent: OS: AIX 5.3 Hostname: DB-HN-SRV02 IP: 10.1.4.64 Backup server: OS: Windows Server 2003 Hostname: backup-srv IP: 10.1.5.51 I download "Legacy Unix agent.tar", untar, then run file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
0 Replies

5. Solaris

boot server / install server

I have a compaq evo n400c. This computer has no cdrom or floppy drive. In order to boot from thumb drive i need to update bios. The only way to boot is network boot from my desktop. I am trying to follow a guide JumpStart Server Configuration ? Solaris 10 I am a bit confused at this steps. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kc2dws
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

I can`t install squid server

Hello, Kindly help me to install squid on Centos 6! have a look at the screen shot aand guide me. Thanks in advance for your kind help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX install and replicate to 5 server

Hi, I have to install 5 servers with same OS level and same packs, i wonder if there is an way to install 1 and then copy or clone the instalattion to the other 4? any suggetions? Rgs, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Agent Server Error

Hi All, Recently we got swapped IP between two server. Server A IP is xxxx and while Server B IP is yyyy. After swap IP the situation should be like this Server A IP is yyyy while Server B IP is xxxx. We use /etc/hosts to swap the IP an restart the both server at same time. Found abnormal error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Install Zabbix agent on Solaris 11

Hello all, I'm trying to set up a few Solaris servers in Zabbix. I did some googling and RTFMing and found there where two ways. 1. Download and install pre-compiled Zabbix agent from Zabbix or 2.To download and install from opencsw I downloading the pre-compiled Zabbix agent from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph919
10 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.41.14 December 2010 LOGSAVE(8)