Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users One user to su to another without allowing root access and password Post 302995780 by pokhraj_d on Wednesday 12th of April 2017 06:50:44 AM
Old 04-12-2017
Awesome.. Thank you very much...

Thanks
Pokhraj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Allowing access to ports < 1024 w/o root

I need to set up an application to run in a script which will be running as a web server but is a database. I need to allow users to use the web server but the app must be run as root in order for the ports to be accessible. This is not a very secure environment would like to know how this could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to access root priveliges if root password is lost

wish to know how to access root password it root password is forgotten in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

user commands without root access

Hi I have been asked to find out how to 1) create users 2) reset passwords 3) kill processes that may require root privileges without having root password, sudo rights or rights to passwd command Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change other account password from root access

Hi, I have forgotten my personal account password but I still have the root access to the box. Please tell me how can I change my other account password by logging as root. Thanks. Rakesh :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
4 Replies

5. Solaris

I can not access root user through LAN

Dear i have installed Solaris 10 on SUN V240 after installation i can not access system through root user if i access system through any other user it conects but root is not connecting through LAN if i connect through SC and then access root though cosole -f command it also works kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan225
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Root access that can't change root password?

We are having a little problem on a server. We want that some users should be able to do e.g. sudo and become root, but with the restriction that the user can't change root password. That is, a guarantee that we still can login to that server and become root no matter of what the other users will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 244an
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Giving password reset access to non-root user, in LDAP

Hi, We have two LDAP servers. Whenever we get a ticket to reset the password, we login to LDAP primary server and reset the password. For below example, I logged into primary LDAP server and resetting password to john to Welcome123# We are giving this work to tier-1 team, so that they can reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ron323232
1 Replies
Mojolicious::Lite(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Mojolicious::Lite(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Lite - Real-time micro web framework SYNOPSIS
# Automatically enables "strict", "warnings" and Perl 5.10 features use Mojolicious::Lite; # Route with placeholder get '/:foo' => sub { my $self = shift; my $foo = $self->param('foo'); $self->render(text => "Hello from $foo."); }; # Start the Mojolicious command system app->start; DESCRIPTION
Mojolicious::Lite is a micro real-time web framework built around Mojolicious. TUTORIAL
A quick example driven introduction to the wonders of Mojolicious::Lite. Most of what you'll learn here also applies to normal Mojolicious applications. Hello World A simple Hello World application can look like this, strict, warnings and Perl 5.10 features are automatically enabled and a few functions imported when you use Mojolicious::Lite, turning your script into a full featured web application. #!/usr/bin/env perl use Mojolicious::Lite; get '/' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Hello World!'); }; app->start; Generator There is also a helper command to generate a small example application. $ mojo generate lite_app Commands All the normal Mojolicious::Commands are available from the command line. Note that CGI and PSGI environments can usually be auto detected and will just work without commands. $ ./myapp.pl daemon Server available at http://127.0.0.1:3000. $ ./myapp.pl daemon -l http://*:8080 Server available at http://127.0.0.1:8080. $ ./myapp.pl cgi ...CGI output... $ ./myapp.pl ...List of available commands (or automatically detected environment)... Start The app->start call that starts the Mojolicious command system can be customized to override normal @ARGV use. app->start('cgi'); Reloading Your application will automatically reload itself if you start it with the "morbo" development web server, so you don't have to restart the server after every change. $ morbo myapp.pl Server available at http://127.0.0.1:3000. Routes Routes are basically just fancy paths that can contain different kinds of placeholders. $self is a Mojolicious::Controller object containing both, the HTTP request and response. # /foo get '/foo' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Hello World!'); }; GET/POST parameters All "GET" and "POST" parameters are accessible via "param" in Mojolicious::Controller. # /foo?user=sri get '/foo' => sub { my $self = shift; my $user = $self->param('user'); $self->render(text => "Hello $user."); }; Stash and templates The "stash" in Mojolicious::Controller is used to pass data to templates, which can be inlined in the "DATA" section. # /bar get '/bar' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->stash(one => 23); $self->render('baz', two => 24); }; __DATA__ @@ baz.html.ep The magic numbers are <%= $one %> and <%= $two %>. For more information about templates see also "Embedded Perl" in Mojolicious::Guides::Rendering. HTTP "req" in Mojolicious::Controller and "res" in Mojolicious::Controller give you full access to all HTTP features and information. # /agent get '/agent' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->res->headers->header('X-Bender' => 'Bite my shiny metal ass!'); $self->render(text => $self->req->headers->user_agent); }; Route names All routes can have a name associated with them, this allows automatic template detection and back referencing with "url_for" in Mojolicious::Controller as well as many helpers like "link_to" in Mojolicious::Plugin::TagHelpers. Nameless routes get an automatically generated one assigned that is simply equal to the route itself without non-word characters. # / get '/' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render; } => 'index'; # /hello get '/hello'; __DATA__ @@ index.html.ep <%= link_to Hello => 'hello' %>. <%= link_to Reload => 'index' %>. @@ hello.html.ep Hello World! Layouts Templates can have layouts too, you just select one with the helper "layout" in Mojolicious::Plugin::DefaultHelpers and place the result of the current template with the helper "content" in Mojolicious::Plugin::DefaultHelpers. # /with_layout get '/with_layout' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render('with_layout'); }; __DATA__ @@ with_layout.html.ep % title 'Green'; % layout 'green'; Hello World! @@ layouts/green.html.ep <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head><title><%= title %></title></head> <body><%= content %></body> </html> Blocks Template blocks can be used like normal Perl functions and are always delimited by the "begin" and "end" keywords. # /with_block get '/with_block' => 'block'; __DATA__ @@ block.html.ep % my $link = begin % my ($url, $name) = @_; Try <%= link_to $url => begin %><%= $name %><% end %>. % end <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head><title>Sebastians frameworks</title></head> <body> %= $link->('http://mojolicio.us', 'Mojolicious') %= $link->('http://catalystframework.org', 'Catalyst') </body> </html> Captured content The helper "content_for" in Mojolicious::Plugin::TagHelpers can be used to pass around blocks of captured content. # /captured get '/captured' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render('captured'); }; __DATA__ @@ captured.html.ep % layout 'blue', title => 'Green'; % content_for header => begin <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"> % end Hello World! % content_for header => begin <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="-1"> % end @@ layouts/blue.html.ep <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title><%= title %></title> %= content_for 'header' </head> <body><%= content %></body> </html> Helpers You can also extend Mojolicious with your own helpers, a list of all built-in ones can be found in Mojolicious::Plugin::DefaultHelpers and Mojolicious::Plugin::TagHelpers. # "whois" helper helper whois => sub { my $self = shift; my $agent = $self->req->headers->user_agent || 'Anonymous'; my $ip = $self->tx->remote_address; return "$agent ($ip)"; }; # /secret get '/secret' => sub { my $self = shift; my $user = $self->whois; $self->app->log->debug("Request from $user."); }; __DATA__ @@ secret.html.ep We know who you are <%= whois %>. Placeholders Route placeholders allow capturing parts of a request path until a "/" or "." separator occurs, results are accessible via "stash" in Mojolicious::Controller and "param" in Mojolicious::Controller. # /foo/test # /foo/test123 get '/foo/:bar' => sub { my $self = shift; my $bar = $self->stash('bar'); $self->render(text => "Our :bar placeholder matched $bar"); }; # /testsomething/foo # /test123something/foo get '/(:bar)something/foo' => sub { my $self = shift; my $bar = $self->param('bar'); $self->render(text => "Our :bar placeholder matched $bar"); }; Relaxed Placeholders Relaxed placeholders allow matching of everything until a "/" occurs. # /test/hello # /test123/hello # /test.123/hello get '/#you/hello' => 'groovy'; __DATA__ @@ groovy.html.ep Your name is <%= $you %>. Wildcard placeholders Wildcard placeholders allow matching absolutely everything, including "/" and ".". # /hello/test # /hello/test123 # /hello/test.123/test/123 get '/hello/*you' => 'groovy'; __DATA__ @@ groovy.html.ep Your name is <%= $you %>. HTTP methods Routes can be restricted to specific request methods. # GET /hello get '/hello' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Hello World!'); }; # PUT /hello put '/hello' => sub { my $self = shift; my $size = length $self->req->body; $self->render(text => "You uploaded $size bytes to /hello."); }; # GET|POST|PATCH /bye any [qw(GET POST PATCH)] => '/bye' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Bye World!'); }; # * /whatever any '/whatever' => sub { my $self = shift; my $method = $self->req->method; $self->render(text => "You called /whatever with $method."); }; Optional placeholders Routes allow default values to make placeholders optional. # /hello # /hello/Sara get '/hello/:name' => {name => 'Sebastian'} => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render('groovy', format => 'txt'); }; __DATA__ @@ groovy.txt.ep My name is <%= $name %>. Restrictive placeholders The easiest way to make placeholders more restrictive are alternatives, you just make a list of possible values. # /test # /123 any '/:foo' => [foo => [qw(test 123)]] => sub { my $self = shift; my $foo = $self->param('foo'); $self->render(text => "Our :foo placeholder matched $foo"); }; All placeholders get compiled to a regex internally, this process can also be easily customized. # /1 # /123 any '/:bar' => [bar => qr/d+/] => sub { my $self = shift; my $bar = $self->param('bar'); $self->render(text => "Our :bar placeholder matched $bar"); }; Just make sure not to use "^" and "$" or capturing groups "(...)", because placeholders become part of a larger regular expression internally, "(?:...)" is fine though. Under Authentication and code shared between multiple routes can be realized easily with the "under" statement. All following routes are only evaluated if the "under" callback returned a true value. use Mojolicious::Lite; # Authenticate based on name parameter under sub { my $self = shift; # Authenticated my $name = $self->param('name') || ''; return 1 if $name eq 'Bender'; # Not authenticated $self->render('denied'); return; }; # / (with authentication) get '/' => 'index'; app->start; __DATA__; @@ denied.html.ep You are not Bender, permission denied. @@ index.html.ep Hi Bender. Prefixing multiple routes is another good use for "under". use Mojolicious::Lite; # /foo under '/foo'; # /foo/bar get '/bar' => {text => 'foo bar'}; # /foo/baz get '/baz' => {text => 'foo baz'}; # / under '/' => {message => 'whatever'}; # /bar get '/bar' => {inline => '<%= $message %> works'}; app->start; You can also "group" related routes, which allows nesting of multiple "under" statements. use Mojolicious::Lite; # Global logic shared by all routes under sub { my $self = shift; return 1 if $self->req->headers->header('X-Bender'); $self->render(text => "You're not Bender."); return; }; # Admin section group { # Local logic shared only by routes in this group under '/admin' => sub { my $self = shift; return 1 if $self->req->heaers->header('X-Awesome'); $self->render(text => "You're not awesome enough."); return; }; # GET /admin/dashboard get '/dashboard' => {text => 'Nothing to see here yet.'}; }; # GET /welcome get '/welcome' => {text => 'Hi Bender.'}; app->start; Formats Formats can be automatically detected by looking at file extensions. # /detection.html # /detection.txt get '/detection' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render('detected'); }; __DATA__ @@ detected.html.ep <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head><title>Detected</title></head> <body>HTML was detected.</body> </html> @@ detected.txt.ep TXT was detected. Restrictive placeholders can also be used. # /hello.json # /hello.txt get '/hello' => [format => [qw(json txt)]] => sub { my $self = shift; return $self->render_json({hello => 'world'}) if $self->stash('format') eq 'json'; $self->render_text('hello world'); }; Or you can just disable format detection. # /hello get '/hello' => [format => 0] => {text => 'No format detection.'}; # Disable detection and allow the following routes selective re-enabling under [format => 0]; # /foo get '/foo' => {text => 'No format detection again.'}; # /bar.txt get '/bar' => [format => 'txt'] => {text => ' Just one format.'}; Content negotiation For resources with different representations and that require truly "RESTful" content negotiation you can also use "respond_to" in Mojolicious::Controller. # /hello (Accept: application/json) # /hello (Accept: text/xml) # /hello.json # /hello.xml # /hello?format=json # /hello?format=xml get '/hello' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->respond_to( json => {json => {hello => 'world'}}, xml => {text => '<hello>world</hello>'}, any => {data => '', status => 204} ); }; MIME type mappings can be extended or changed easily with "types" in Mojolicious. app->types->type(rdf => 'application/rdf+xml'); Conditions Conditions such as "agent" and "host" from Mojolicious::Plugin::HeaderCondition allow even more powerful route constructs. # /foo (Firefox) get '/foo' => (agent => qr/Firefox/) => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Congratulations, you are using a cool browser.'); }; # /foo (Internet Explorer) get '/foo' => (agent => qr/Internet Explorer/) => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Dude, you really need to upgrade to Firefox.'); }; # http://mojolicio.us/bar get '/bar' => (host => 'mojolicio.us') => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(text => 'Hello Mojolicious.'); }; Sessions Signed cookie based sessions just work out of the box as soon as you start using them through the helper "session" in Mojolicious::Plugin::DefaultHelpers. use Mojolicious::Lite; get '/counter' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->session->{counter}++; }; app->start; __DATA__ @@ counter.html.ep Counter: <%= session 'counter' %> Secret Note that you should use a custom "secret" in Mojolicious to make signed cookies really secure. app->secret('My secret passphrase here'); File uploads All files uploaded via "multipart/form-data" request are automatically available as Mojo::Upload objects. And you don't have to worry about memory usage, because all files above "250KB" will be automatically streamed into a temporary file. use Mojolicious::Lite; # Upload form in DATA section get '/' => 'form'; # Multipart upload handler post '/upload' => sub { my $self = shift; # Check file size return $self->render(text => 'File is too big.', status => 200) if $self->req->is_limit_exceeded; # Process uploaded file return $self->redirect_to('form') unless my $example = $self->param('example'); my $size = $example->size; my $name = $example->filename; $self->render(text => "Thanks for uploading $size byte file $name."); }; app->start; __DATA__ @@ form.html.ep <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head><title>Upload</title></head> <body> %= form_for upload => (enctype => 'multipart/form-data') => begin %= file_field 'example' %= submit_button 'Upload' % end </body> </html> To protect you from excessively large files there is also a limit of "5MB" by default, which you can tweak with the "MOJO_MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE" environment variable. # Increase limit to 1GB $ENV{MOJO_MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE} = 1073741824; User agent With "ua" in Mojolicious::Controller there's a full featured HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket user agent built right in. Especially in combination with Mojo::JSON and Mojo::DOM this can be a very powerful tool. get '/test' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render(data => $self->ua->get('http://mojolicio.us')->res->body); }; WebSockets WebSocket applications have never been this easy before. websocket '/echo' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->on(message => sub { my ($self, $message) = @_; $self->send("echo: $message"); }); }; The event "message" in Mojo::Transaction::WebSocket, which you can subscribe to with "on" in Mojolicious::Controller, will be emitted for every new WebSocket message that is received. External templates External templates will be searched by the renderer in a "templates" directory. # /external any '/external' => sub { my $self = shift; # templates/foo/bar.html.ep $self->render('foo/bar'); }; Static files Static files will be automatically served from the "DATA" section (even Base64 encoded) or a "public" directory if it exists. @@ something.js alert('hello!'); @@ test.txt (base64) dGVzdCAxMjMKbGFsYWxh $ mkdir public $ mv something.js public/something.js Testing Testing your application is as easy as creating a "t" directory and filling it with normal Perl unit tests. use Test::More tests => 3; use Test::Mojo; use FindBin; require "$FindBin::Bin/../myapp.pl"; my $t = Test::Mojo->new; $t->get_ok('/')->status_is(200)->content_like(qr/Funky/); Run all unit tests with the "test" command. $ ./myapp.pl test To make your tests more noisy and show you all log messages you can also change the application log level directly in your test files. $t->app->log->level('debug'); Mode To disable debug messages later in a production setup you can change the Mojolicious mode, default will be "development". $ ./myapp.pl -m production Logging Mojo::Log messages will be automatically written to "STDERR" or a "log/$mode.log" file if a "log" directory exists. $ mkdir log For more control the Mojolicious object can be accessed directly. app->log->level('error'); app->routes->get('/foo/:bar' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->app->log->debug('Got a request for "Hello Mojo!".'); $self->render(text => 'Hello Mojo!'); }); More You can continue with Mojolicious::Guides now, and don't forget to have fun! FUNCTIONS
Mojolicious::Lite implements the following functions. "any" my $route = any '/:foo' => sub {...}; my $route = any [qw(GET POST)] => '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "any" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching any of the listed HTTP request methods or all. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "app" my $app = app; The Mojolicious::Lite application. "del" my $route = del '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "delete" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "DELETE" requests. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "get" my $route = get '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "get" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "GET" requests. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "group" group {...}; Start a new route group. "helper" helper foo => sub {...}; Alias for "helper" in Mojolicious. "hook" hook after_dispatch => sub {...}; Alias for "hook" in Mojolicious. "options" my $route = options '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "options" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "OPTIONS" requests. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "patch" my $route = patch '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "patch" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "PATCH" requests. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "plugin" plugin 'SomeThing'; Alias for "plugin" in Mojolicious. "post" my $route = post '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "post" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "POST" requests. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "put" my $route = put '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "put" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "PUT" requests. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "under" my $route = under sub {...}; my $route = under '/:foo'; Generate bridge with "under" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, to which all following routes are automatically appended. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. "websocket" my $route = websocket '/:foo' => sub {...}; Generate route with "websocket" in Mojolicious::Routes::Route, matching only "WebSocket" handshakes. See also the tutorial above for more argument variations. ATTRIBUTES
Mojolicious::Lite inherits all attributes from Mojolicious. METHODS
Mojolicious::Lite inherits all methods from Mojolicious. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Lite(3pm)