Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times Post 302995710 by balajesuri on Tuesday 11th of April 2017 06:48:40 AM
Old 04-11-2017
Code:
sed 's/\(MOS_13_TM_4.*\)000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001/\100000011011010010011000111111011011010111010100110011111010001101011011MMMM/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to replace multiple lines

the file contains the follwoing lines /* * Copyright (C) 1995-1996 by XXX Corporation. This program * contains proprietary and confidential information. All rights reserved * except as may be permitted by prior written consent. * * $Id: xxx_err.h,v 1.10 2001/07/26 18:48:34 zzzz $ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha.kalivar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO find the word which occurs maximum number of times

Hi Folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Requirement is............. i have a input file: 501,501.chan 502,502.anand 503,503.biji 504,504.raja 505,505.chan 506,506.anand 507,507.chan and my o/p should be chan->3 i.e. the word which occurs maximum number of times in a file should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a single line to count how many times one character occurs in a word...

I've been looking on the internet, and haven't found anything simple enough to use in my code. All I want to do is count how many times "-" occurs in a string of characters (as a package name). It seems it should be very simple, and shouldn't require more than one line to accomplish. And this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shingoshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of a tag in the xml which occurs mutiple times

Hi, The tag can occur multiple times. I want to remove entire <SeqNum>..</SeqNum> from each line, regardless the values with in this tag. for each line value inside these tags could be different. So please suggest how to do this. Note: Each profile information is in one line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read how many times same result occurs?

Is there a way to read how many times each result occurs in a list, say the list.txt has the results: a c d a f c a d e and I need to know how many times each of them occurs such as : a=3 c=2 ..etc. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line

Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line I have text like below in a file: I am trying to replace the above line to following How can I acheive this? I am able to do it if the occurrence is for 1 time: But If I try like below I am getting like this: I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace string and create new file multiple times

First of all, apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. I haven't quite been able to find what I'm looking for yet, so hopefully this won't come across as repetition. I have a file consisting of ~100 nearly identical lines, each of which contains multiple instances of the string I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudo.seppuku
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting number of times content in columns occurs in other files

I need to figure out how many times a location (columns 1 and 2) is present within a group of files. I figured using a combination of 'while read' and 'grep' I could count the number of instances but its not working for me. cat file.txt | while read line do grep $line *08-new.txt | wc -l... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace multiple column in one go

Hi, I want to replace the value in more than one column. For one column ,following command is working - sed 's/./$value_to_replace/$column number' file_name e.g. suppose this is input 1111000000 command - sed 's/./M/5' output= 1111M000000 For two column also command is like - cat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
22 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)