Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple scripts in one single script - crontab Post 302995657 by rovf on Monday 10th of April 2017 06:25:26 AM
Old 04-10-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by nms
The idea was a management's request.
This explains everything! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sh script to run multiple php scripts

I wrote a .sh script to run 5 php scripts. The problem is that it's running 1 then 2 then 3 in that order .... I want it to execute all 5 at ONCE.... nohup php /home/script1/script1.php && nohup php /home/script2/script2.php && nohup php /home/script3/script3.php && nohup php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holyearth
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger a script by consequtive scripts in crontab

Hello Friends, I've been searching solutions for an exceptional backup case recently, I need someone to guide me, suggest a method pls. In a production system we have backup scripts, they are run by cron one after another, and monthly. There is 1 hour difference between each consecutive script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to execute multiple scripts

Hi All, I have 4 scripts to execute. Each one take anywhere from 3 -9 hours to run depending on what it's doing. I'm running one at a time then check back periodically to see if it's still going and if not, run the other. How can I put these scripts into another script so that they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single script to create multiple directories

Hi , I want a script to create a directories at different locations. suppose i am on home/path/zone1. I want to create a directory of current month in this location. Then i want to create the same current month directory in home/path/zone2.like this for 9 diffrent zones. I can do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for renaming multiple scripts

Hi There I am looking at writing a script that I can run from a cron job (say every month) that will copy my existing scripts to another folder, then in THAT new folder, append them all with the extension of .txt I have the cp command down pat (cp /existing_folder /new_folder) however I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangepeel
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two scripts into a single script

Hi Folks, I have two scripts that are used to start and stop services these scripts are at the location /opt/app/tre , so that start.sh internally starts the components and stop.sh internally stop all the components, now rite now if I have to stop the services then i need to go first the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A single script to run multiple scripts

Hi , Can someone help! I need a shell script to run multiple scripts by using single shell script, incase any one of the scripts fails, it should get exit and after trouble shooting if we re-execute it, it should start from the failed script. I have a written a scripting till the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anniesurolyn
1 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)