Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple scripts in one single script - crontab Post 302995653 by nms on Monday 10th of April 2017 05:07:58 AM
Old 04-10-2017
Hi

You're both right. The idea was a management's request. I tend to agree that this will cause some overhead, but to go on both ways i guess it could be a good idea to setup one master script for different time intervals as rovf said.

Many thanks for you input!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sh script to run multiple php scripts

I wrote a .sh script to run 5 php scripts. The problem is that it's running 1 then 2 then 3 in that order .... I want it to execute all 5 at ONCE.... nohup php /home/script1/script1.php && nohup php /home/script2/script2.php && nohup php /home/script3/script3.php && nohup php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holyearth
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger a script by consequtive scripts in crontab

Hello Friends, I've been searching solutions for an exceptional backup case recently, I need someone to guide me, suggest a method pls. In a production system we have backup scripts, they are run by cron one after another, and monthly. There is 1 hour difference between each consecutive script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to execute multiple scripts

Hi All, I have 4 scripts to execute. Each one take anywhere from 3 -9 hours to run depending on what it's doing. I'm running one at a time then check back periodically to see if it's still going and if not, run the other. How can I put these scripts into another script so that they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single script to create multiple directories

Hi , I want a script to create a directories at different locations. suppose i am on home/path/zone1. I want to create a directory of current month in this location. Then i want to create the same current month directory in home/path/zone2.like this for 9 diffrent zones. I can do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for renaming multiple scripts

Hi There I am looking at writing a script that I can run from a cron job (say every month) that will copy my existing scripts to another folder, then in THAT new folder, append them all with the extension of .txt I have the cp command down pat (cp /existing_folder /new_folder) however I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangepeel
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two scripts into a single script

Hi Folks, I have two scripts that are used to start and stop services these scripts are at the location /opt/app/tre , so that start.sh internally starts the components and stop.sh internally stop all the components, now rite now if I have to stop the services then i need to go first the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A single script to run multiple scripts

Hi , Can someone help! I need a shell script to run multiple scripts by using single shell script, incase any one of the scripts fails, it should get exit and after trouble shooting if we re-execute it, it should start from the failed script. I have a written a scripting till the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anniesurolyn
1 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the allow file does not exist but the deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for comments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/var/cron/allow List of users allowed to use crontab /var/cron/deny List of users prohibited from using crontab /var/cron/tabs Directory for personal crontab files DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') with the exception that the dangerous variant of calling crontab without a file name in the first form of the command is not allowed by this implementation. The pseudo-filename '-' must be specified to read from standard input. The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
May 13, 2010 BSD