Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nohup problem
Operating Systems AIX Nohup problem Post 302995637 by bobochacha29 on Sunday 9th of April 2017 11:32:06 PM
Old 04-10-2017
Nohup problem

Hi

I need to execute about 1000 scp commands sequential , so I made "scp.sh" - like this

Code:
scp - rp ...
scp - rp ...
scp - rp ...

then I run
Code:
nohup sh scp.sh &

The problem is: nohup process stopped when I closed session, or when the session expired,... Something wrong SmilieSmilieSmilie

Can someone show me what the problem is SmilieSmilieSmilie and how to fix it. Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing nohup

I am trying to submit background jobs using the nohup command on a client system where my session is running under a "master shell" (BASH). If I try to nohup the actual job (ie: nohup MYJOB.BAT > MYJOB.LOG 2>&1 &) the command will fail with a return code of 126 and a "permission denied" message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christyw
0 Replies

2. Solaris

problem with nohup

While executing a ksh file with a input parameter in background like the following bash-2.03$nohup fil.ksh 4 & the nohup session is stopped. The same ksh file while executed like bash-2.03$fil.ksh 4 works fine. I am trying the above in Solaris 5.8 in bash shell. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkna
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with nohup command

Hello folks, I have got a script which telnets to different boxes and runs a certain script with 3 run time args. The line from the script which does it is: (sleep 1; echo $USERID ; sleep 1; echo $PASSWD ; sleep 1 ; echo y ; sleep 1 ; echo "\r" ; sleep 1 ; echo "cd $FILEPATH" ; sleep 1 ; sleep 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with exit while using nohup

Hi, I am kinda confused with this, am not sure what is happening i have a script say test.sh ---------- cat myfile | while read line do exit 2 done echo "out of loop" ----------- as it is evident, the exit should cause the script to terminate ,hence producing no output for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumirmehta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with nohup

Hello I am running this script inst.sh #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s username/password @temp.sql ----Here is my temp.sql set serveroutput on select instance_name from V$instance; exit When i run the script inst.sh on the command prompt...it runs fine...but when i run it using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: njafri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem regarding nohup.out

There is a daemon which is constantly writing to this particular nohup.out file.This daemon can't be stopped. But the large size of this file is hampering the directory space.I want to write a script which will wait for 48 hours and then delete the contents of the file ( nohup.out ), but not the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gourav
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on throwing sftp in nohup

Hi, but it is possible to effect a sftp in??? thanks thousand Germanico ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:51 AM ---------- Hi, but it is possible to effect a sftp in nohup mode??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with nohup use in scripting

I am trying to execute following code: alarm_file_array="test1.alarms test2.alarms test3.alarms test4.alarms" for file in ${alarm_file_array} do nohup tail -f $file |awk 'NR>10' >> output.alarms 2>/dev/null & done Whenever it tries to execute nohup command it hangs because of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhallarandeep
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

nohup problem

Hi All I am struggling to get a process to run in the background on a Ubuntu Linux machine. I run: - /home/brad > /usr/bin/nohup sudo /home/brad/spideroak/jsystem/runner/runAgent < /dev/null & 5611 /home/brad > /usr/bin/nohup: appending output to `nohup.out' + Stopped (SIGTTOU) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies
PARALLEL-SCP(1) 														   PARALLEL-SCP(1)

NAME
parallel-scp - parallel versions of scp SYNOPSIS
parallel-scp [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-scp copy files in parallel to a set of machines. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
The following example runs hostname on three machines (IPs or hostnames) specified in the file ips.txt using login irb2 and saves the output in /tmp/foo. # parallel-scp -h ips.txt -l irb2 /etc/hosts /tmp/hosts Success on 128.112.152.122:22 Success on 18.31.0.190:22 Success on 128.232.103.201:22 ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), parallel-rsync(1), ssh(1), scp(1), AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-SCP(1)