Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script code not really understandable for me Post 302995400 by digioleg54 on Wednesday 5th of April 2017 11:53:15 AM
Old 04-05-2017
Sorry, you are right. There is a shift and I already understand, what is going on

Thanks for contribution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Pl explain the shell script code

if then ROLLBACK=1 ; elif then echo "Nothing to install!" ; echo "Exiting." ; exit 0; Plz explaing what is the ${1:-0} in if loop?:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrikanth
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

code formatter for shell script

hello, do anybody know a program to format a shell script code ? i tried "editrocket.com" but this product doesn't format a shell script code. i searched for programs but can't find a shell script code formatter. i have to change a shell script and the style of code is ..... regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert C code in shell script

Hi, Anybody know on how to insert C code in shell script. I am writing BLOB data to a database table in C but I don't know on how to insert the C code in shell script. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badbunny9316
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

i get stuck with this shell script code

i get stuck here . Anyone could check my work? the user type a group of upper case letters at a time with 0 at the end. Find and display the first letter in alphabetic order. For example, input of F, G, K, S, U, G, D, Q, P , the result should be D Any invalid input character (eg. #, $, 3, a,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbcvn
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XEmacs compilation errors not understandable

Hi all! I am new to this forum. I have recently installed Cygwin and XEmacs on my laptop running Windows Vista. I am studing at the moment and the code I am creating is mainly for that purpose. I am trying to create the algorithm of Insertion sort. When I compile my code in XEmacs i get some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueTower
1 Replies

6. Programming

Script Shell in java code

Hello, This is my script shell: echo Mon premier script echo Liste des fichiers : ls -la exit 0 This is my code java: public class test { public static void main(String args) { try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("sh script1.sh"); } catch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Shell in java code

Hello, I try to run a script shell from a java program: but it runs only if i do :chmod 777 myShellScript in the terminal Please how can i insert chmod 777 in my java code without going through the terminal? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script code

Hello all, I am in a middle of an assignment and i would appreciate any help. How can i write a bash shell script code that checks if all elements in an array are the same numbers. I mean -->array = ( 0,0,0,0,0 ) ( e.g., if then return "OK' fi ) Thank you in advance, (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekie
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the exit code of a shell script in a perl script.?

hi, i want to pop up an alert box using perl script. my requirement is. i am using a html page which calls a perl script. this perl script calls a shell script.. after the shell script ends its execution, i am using exit 0 to terminate the shell script successfully and exit 1 to terminate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script - Alphabet in code

Hi e Hi everyone, I can't make this script work, #! /bin/bash declare -A crypt=( ="A" ="a" ="B" ="b" ="C" ="c" =' ' ='!' ) encode () { local word=$1 for ((i=0; i<${#word}; ++i)) ; do local char=${word:$i:1} printf %s' ' ${crypt} done ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinguino
5 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)