Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need info on looping
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need info on looping Post 302995316 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 4th of April 2017 11:31:08 AM
Old 04-04-2017
An alternative to remove an if ... then .... else ... fi section:-
Code:
while true
do
        if [[ -s file.txt ]]; then
                ### here im mailing content of file.txt
                abend=1
        fi

if [[ -e End_of_day.log ]]; then
                exit $abend
        fi

sleep 30m
done

This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with looping

Hi, Actually I have a file which consists data . for eg names. Then I want my sql query to read this file and produce the output. Currently I am using this FOR EG : FILENAME is NAMES for i in `cat NAMES` { sqlplus -s $CONNECTID << EOF spool rooh set heading off select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping

Hi I have around 100 users in sun server and have default home directory in /usr/home/<username> I want to clean their home directory time to time to make free space on root, as users generate many output files during usage of application. My idea is, generate a file with following command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishir
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for looping

I run into a issue when I try to do sorting of the following with ascending order, one round of for looping seems not working, anyone knows how to use shell or perl? $array = (5,0,3,2,7,9,8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on looping using if/for or while

Hello, where can I get usefull information on the use of looping with for , if and while with extensive examples. Also use of variables in scripts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam4now
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with looping

vesselNames values: xxx yyy zzz vesselPlanned values: xxx zzz zzz zzz OIFS="" OIFS=$IFS IFS="\n" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi, Now I have written a script which sorts the records in the file and splits them according to some condition. Now, I need to modify the script so that it reads all the files one after the other and does the sorting & splitting. Pls help me in reading all the files in a directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi evryone i need a help . i have a file xcv.the content is : accelerate i want a script which will run 1000 times in loop and changing the value to accelerate to acceler in 1st loop and in 2nd loop it will be again accelerate and so on . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping advice

Hello guys i am generating files in while loop and i want add value in every file start from 10 to 55 and repeat that so the value never exceed 55 and always start from 10 can you advice how this can be done in while loop? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hey guys, so I am trying to do a loop script that will go through each folder (no gui so just each domain has a folder) and grab out the databases being used on that domain. I know I would use mysql -e "show databases where not 'information_schema';" once in each directory to pull the actual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dough
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping problem

I need help. I am trying to get this script to send out only one email not multiple emails of the abend. Currently it will send me one then and ther with the first and second one then another email with the first second and third abend and so on. I only want one email sent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbcarosi
2 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)