Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Get count of multiple word in single command Post 302995174 by drl on Sunday 2nd of April 2017 09:31:08 PM
Old 04-02-2017
Hi.

The grep->sort->uniq pipeline also works with that:
Code:
 Input data file data2:
this is line # 1
this is Exception line
this is line # 3
this is Fatal line
this is line # 5
this is Error line
this is Exec line
this is line # 8
this is Error line and Exception line
this is line # 10
this is Exception line

-----
 Results:
      2 Error
      3 Exception
      1 Exec
      1 Fatal

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple command in single command?

Dear Unix Guru, I have several directories as below /home/user/ dir1 dir2 dir3 Each directory has different size. I want to print each directory size (Solaris command du -hs .) Can you please guide me how to achieve this? Thanks Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding single word to multiple line.

I have following problem. <File A> contains let say 5 lines but can be changed. cat dog fish car if I want to add word to each line then how do I go about it? I used paste -d but that requires two files having same number of lines but in my case <File A> changes and I just need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word Count (WC) command

I have created a file "pat".This file contains the text "abcdefghi". Now i want to count the characters in this file "pat". I gave wc -c | pat and it returns me exact count "9". Now when i tried like "echo pat | wc -m" It returns '4'. as for as i understand this command "echo pat | wc -m" should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdali_vl
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a single line to count how many times one character occurs in a word...

I've been looking on the internet, and haven't found anything simple enough to use in my code. All I want to do is count how many times "-" occurs in a string of characters (as a package name). It seems it should be very simple, and shouldn't require more than one line to accomplish. And this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shingoshi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

~~Unix command to count a particular word in the whole directory .~~

Hi , i'm trying to count a particular word occurance in a whole directory..is this possible :wall: say for example there is a directory with 100 files which and all the file may have the word 'aaa' in it ...how would i count the number of 'aaa' in those whole 100 files in a directory ? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabbitsfoot
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Empty out multiple files with a single command?

I have a log directory: /logs/foo.log /logs/bar.log /logs/err.out I'm trying to find a way to > /logs/*.log > /logs/*.out to blank them out, but of course, that doesn't work. Any suggestions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple command in a single line

Hi Can we run the linux command and per script in a single command $ cd /usr/local/adm/ ;ctsv scmtest_qabuild ;cspec.pl scmtest This is a combination of linux and clearcase command and last one is perl script with argument. I can see the first and 2nd coomand is executing but last... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Single UNIX command to display users and to count them

Hello everyone, I am new to Unix and I am stuck with a problem. I need only a single command to display the output of who and then add the total number of users and display at the bottom of that output. Example-: (Expected output) sreyan@debian:~$ <command> sreyan tty7 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count same word which has come many times in single lines & pars

can i get a simple script for , Count same word which has come many times in single lines & pars Eg file would be == "Thanks heman thanks thanks Thanks heman thanks man" So resullt should be Thanks = 5 heman=2 man = 1 thanks in advance :) Please use code tags for code and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heman96
1 Replies
SET_EXCEPTION_HANDLER(3)						 1						  SET_EXCEPTION_HANDLER(3)

set_exception_handler - Sets a user-defined exception handler function

SYNOPSIS
callable set_exception_handler (callable $exception_handler) DESCRIPTION
Sets the default exception handler if an exception is not caught within a try/catch block. Execution will stop after the $exception_han- dler is called. PARAMETERS
o $exception_handler - Name of the function to be called when an uncaught exception occurs. This handler function needs to accept one parameter, which will be the exception object that was thrown. This is the handler signature: void handler (Exception $ex) NULL may be passed instead, to reset this handler to its default state. Caution Note that providing an explicit Exception type hint for the $ex parameter in your callback will cause issues with the changed exception hierarchy in PHP 7. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name of the previously defined exception handler, or NULL on error. If no previous handler was defined, NULL is also returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.5.0 | | | | | | | Previously, if NULL was passed then this func- | | | tion returned TRUE. It returns the previous han- | | | dler since PHP 5.5.0. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 set_exception_handler(3) example <?php function exception_handler($exception) { echo "Uncaught exception: " , $exception->getMessage(), " "; } set_exception_handler('exception_handler'); throw new Exception('Uncaught Exception'); echo "Not Executed "; ?> SEE ALSO
restore_exception_handler(3), restore_error_handler(3), error_reporting(3), information about the callback type, PHP 5 Exceptions. PHP Documentation Group SET_EXCEPTION_HANDLER(3)