Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic Shell script - Not working Post 302995103 by Zam_1234 on Friday 31st of March 2017 02:18:19 PM
Old 03-31-2017
I got you now RudiC.
My mistake. I thought when you said dropping the quotes, you were referring to drop the quotes on the List Definition (line 1 in the original code), and thats where I got confused.

:-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a quick basic shell script help

im trying to run the below if command ifconfig -a |grep 10.100.120.21 gives me below output inet addr:10.100.120.21 Bcast:10.100.120.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 i just want a basic shell which says if above exists then continue how would i do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eb222
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell script syntax help

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a variable which holds a numeric value.I have to check whether this variable holds a value between(0- 8),(8-17)(17-24).How do i write this syntax using if in shell scripting. Thanks Vignesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script basic doubt

hi, I am new script learner, so my basic doubt is , how to store value of any command in a variable example $ ls | wc -l i want to stote the output of this in a variable c. so that i can use c in if else loop. and when do we use " ` " symbol in script.. can anyone also tell for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell Script Help

Lets say I wanted to create a script that would show what people are doing on my machine using the w command and refresh in about 6 seconds. What would be the easiest way to do this? I pretty much want the script to loop until I stop it. I'm using the BASH shell by the way. Help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c4391
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic shell script help

Im trying to make a script that simply adds a word to the last available line in a txt file without overwriting any previous lines. Ive googled this and there are great examples but no one explain what each function does, and i dont entirely understand how it works. Basically Im looking for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylecn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Basic shell script advice

##### (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AidoPotato
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic question on shell script execution

I have two shell scripts in the different directories listed below, /root/dev/dir1/test.sh /root/dev/dir2/master.sh I am executing the master.sh script from the test.sh like below and getting 'Permission denied' error. #! /bin/sh #test.sh path='/root/dev' $path/dir2/master.sh But it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with basic script - not working..

Here is the script I wrote... Pls. help. #!/bin/ksh for SERVER in NEWSNYD403P NEWSNYD404P SNEWSNYD601P SNEWSNYD602P SNEWSDNY603P SNEWSNYD604P do /usr/bin/scp "/home/sam/bash.tar root@$SERVER":/tmp done Error msg I get: ./scp_script.sh: syntax error at line 3:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a little help with my first shell script. Basic image resize script...

Hey everyone, just now joined because I didn't want to go onto Ubuntu forums and start asking about how to write shell scripts. Seems like this is a pretty active forum for exactly what I need. I'm trying to modify a shell script I found online, the end goal is to have it find all files in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mozzles
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Combination Shell Script

I need to have a script read a file that has a list of words in a single column like below:Black Blue Brown Orange Red Yellow Green White Purple Silver Grey Tan Then print to another file just all of the two-word possible combinations. Example: Black,Blue Anyone want to take a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vespasian
4 Replies
RunTargetUnitTests(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				     RunTargetUnitTests(1)

NAME
RunTargetUnitTests -- run unit tests for the current target SYNOPSIS
RunTargetUnitTests DESCRIPTION
RunTargetUnitTests examines its environment and runs the unit tests it presumes are present using otest(1). RunTargetUnitTests is intended to be called from a shell script build phase. It expects certain environment variables to be configured from Xcode build settings (see below). RunTargetUnitTests will run tests for all built architectures appropriate for the machine running the tests. ENVIRONMENT
ARCHS The architectures the tests were built for; when tests are run, they will be run once per architecture. If unspecified, tests are run for the architecture returned by arch(1). DEVELOPER_DIR The Xcode folder, e.g. "/Developer". If unspecified the value for SYSTEM_DEVELOPER_DIR will be used, or "/Developer" if that also is unspecified. BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR The directory containing built products; when tests are run, this is specified in DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. If unspecified tests are run from the current working directory with no DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. FULL_PRODUCT_NAME The full name of the built product, including its wrapper extension if any. GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC Whether or not the test bundle was compiled with Objective-C garbage collection enabled. Possible values are unsupported, supported, and required. If not set, defaults to unsupported, which will run otest(1) with Objective-C garbage collection disabled. NATIVE_ARCH_ACTUAL The architecture of the machine running the tests, used to determine for which architectures tests can be run. If unspecified, defaults to the architecture returned by arch(1). OTEST The path to the otest command line tool; defaults to /Developer/Tools/otest. TEST_AFTER_BUILD Set to YES to run tests, any other value will prevent test execution. FILES
/Developer/Tools/RunTargetUnitTests The script used to run tests from a shell script build phase. /Developer/Tools/otest The OCUnit test rig. SEE ALSO
arch(1), otest(1) Mac OS X June 2, 2019 Mac OS X