Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic Shell script - Not working Post 302995084 by Zam_1234 on Friday 31st of March 2017 01:03:40 PM
Old 03-31-2017
1: Yes line numbers are not included in the actual code.
2: I am not getting any obvious errors. after the "make all" command ends, I do get the print out of
Code:
Simulation done for a b c d 
Bye

But it only completed the simulation for "a" instead of doing this from "a, b, c, d".
Since the make all command takes hours and generates some file, I am assuming I need to have some sort of control to explicitly say, wait until "make all" is done and then move on to the next one.
Code:
{txce:benchmarks} uname -a
Linux txce 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 18 19:25:05 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am running the script from the this location and the list elements are all in this location. that is why I was doing "cd .."
Code:
{txce:benchmarks} ls
a  b  c  d  run.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a quick basic shell script help

im trying to run the below if command ifconfig -a |grep 10.100.120.21 gives me below output inet addr:10.100.120.21 Bcast:10.100.120.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 i just want a basic shell which says if above exists then continue how would i do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eb222
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell script syntax help

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a variable which holds a numeric value.I have to check whether this variable holds a value between(0- 8),(8-17)(17-24).How do i write this syntax using if in shell scripting. Thanks Vignesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script basic doubt

hi, I am new script learner, so my basic doubt is , how to store value of any command in a variable example $ ls | wc -l i want to stote the output of this in a variable c. so that i can use c in if else loop. and when do we use " ` " symbol in script.. can anyone also tell for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Shell Script Help

Lets say I wanted to create a script that would show what people are doing on my machine using the w command and refresh in about 6 seconds. What would be the easiest way to do this? I pretty much want the script to loop until I stop it. I'm using the BASH shell by the way. Help is appreciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c4391
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic shell script help

Im trying to make a script that simply adds a word to the last available line in a txt file without overwriting any previous lines. Ive googled this and there are great examples but no one explain what each function does, and i dont entirely understand how it works. Basically Im looking for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylecn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Basic shell script advice

##### (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AidoPotato
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic question on shell script execution

I have two shell scripts in the different directories listed below, /root/dev/dir1/test.sh /root/dev/dir2/master.sh I am executing the master.sh script from the test.sh like below and getting 'Permission denied' error. #! /bin/sh #test.sh path='/root/dev' $path/dir2/master.sh But it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with basic script - not working..

Here is the script I wrote... Pls. help. #!/bin/ksh for SERVER in NEWSNYD403P NEWSNYD404P SNEWSNYD601P SNEWSNYD602P SNEWSDNY603P SNEWSNYD604P do /usr/bin/scp "/home/sam/bash.tar root@$SERVER":/tmp done Error msg I get: ./scp_script.sh: syntax error at line 3:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a little help with my first shell script. Basic image resize script...

Hey everyone, just now joined because I didn't want to go onto Ubuntu forums and start asking about how to write shell scripts. Seems like this is a pretty active forum for exactly what I need. I'm trying to modify a shell script I found online, the end goal is to have it find all files in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mozzles
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Combination Shell Script

I need to have a script read a file that has a list of words in a single column like below:Black Blue Brown Orange Red Yellow Green White Purple Silver Grey Tan Then print to another file just all of the two-word possible combinations. Example: Black,Blue Anyone want to take a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vespasian
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)